Cabin Crawl??

steviem1

Have never participated in one. What exactly is it and what do you do on it? Is it to see all of the cabin categories or is it just to party from stateroom to stateroom? Night time activity or sea day activity? Please share!

Thanks,

Stevie

Stevie - a cabin crawl can be what your group makes it. We normally do ours on a sea day in the afternoon. You visit the different cabins of those who have volunteered to show their cabin. Sometimes people will have snack foods or such. But your group can decide what they want to do and when.

Our cabin crawl was organized to let us see other options...it is by far the best way too see other cabin categories and what you may or may not want to book in the future.

No parties, just from cabin to cabin and we saw everything from an inside to a GS on the Radiance of the Seas.

Another way to see different cabins is to tour them on the last day as they are vacated.

Another way to see different cabins is to tour them on the last day as they are vacated.

When cruising out of our home port, we are usually among the last off the ship and we do take the opportunity to look at other staterooms. Some people leave their cabins in a wreck and the amount of trash left behind is amazing. May God bless those cabin stewards!

A Roll Call cabin crawl with snacks and drinks does sound fun. :)

When cruising out of our home port, we are usually among the last off the ship and we do take the opportunity to look at other staterooms. Some people leave their cabins in a wreck and the amount of trash left behind is amazing. May God bless those cabin stewards!

A Roll Call cabin crawl with snacks and drinks does sound fun. :)

Gosh, I noticed that too! Some are so messy.....now we know why the cabins are never ready before 1 pm!!!!! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

On our cabin crawl we also played a poker game. Everyone who wanted to participate brought a $1-2 item for the winner. At each cabin those who are participating get one card (one person is the dealer and carries the deck of cards around to each room) in the last room everyone makes the best poker hand they can and the winner gets all the gifts brought. (most people had items that were special to their home area).

I'm cracking up because when I saw this thread, I thought it was going to be a ritual similar to what my son's group of friends did when they turned 21. They call it the Catawissa (the name of the street) Crawl. There are numerous bars on that street and they go to each one and by the end they are crawling. At least there's no driving involved. I was picturing a bunch of drunk people crawling from cabin to cabin!!!:D

We did one on our recently completed Emerald Princess cruise. It was a great time for our CC roll call participants to socialize.....

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I think we had about 15 on our crawl and we all went together as a large group. When we got to the inside cabin, we filed in and out as space allowed. When we were in the larger cabins like the handicap and suites we all fit to varying degrees. In the smaller spaces it was somewhat comical.

I think we had about 15 on our crawl and we all went together as a large group. When we got to the inside cabin, we filed in and out as space allowed. When we were in the larger cabins like the handicap and suites we all fit to varying degrees. In the smaller spaces it was somewhat comical.

This is a very cool idea. Although, some members in our group would like advance notice so to get their cabins cleaned up for show.

Before we even boarded the ship we picked a date and time that worked with everyone (we did 1st sea day) and a place to congregate before hand (we picked one of the bars). From there we "crawled" around the ship working from the lowest room to the hightest. This way we weren't just wandering around trying to decide who was next. By deciding time and date prior you could plan on having your room in order for company.:D

Archived