Waitlisted for Dining???

stefyo

I just checked my reservation and it now shows us to be waitlisted for the early dining - what does this mean? what are my chances of getting in for early dining - i will have my 8 year old son with me - he cant wait to eat for the late seating!

I just checked my reservation and it now shows us to be waitlisted for the early dining - what does this mean? what are my chances of getting in for early dining - i will have my 8 year old son with me - he cant wait to eat for the late seating!

Unless you are a Platinum member, everyone only has a "dining preference" about early or late.

There are no guarantees. You will know for certain when you get your Sail and Sign card. Your dining time, dining room and table number will be on your card.

If you get late and want to change....you have to go see the Maitre D around 2pm on Embarkation day....however there is no guarantee that it will be changed. It depends on how full the ship is.

This must be something new they are doing with dining requests. If this is for the Liberty cruise don't worry you still have a long way to go. Unless you are platnium you aren't guaranteed a specicif time. Even if you get your S&S cards and the time listed (which is where you will actually find out your real dining time) doesn't work for you there will be a time that the Maitre' D will be available to help you switch it. They are usually very good about making sure situations such as yours work out. There's also the open seating option on the Liberty. I'm assuming you requested assigned dining and not the open seating?

Unless you are a Platinum member, everyone only has a "dining preference" about early or late.

There are no guarantees. You will know for certain when you get your Sail and Sign card. Your dining time, dining room and table number will be on your card.

If you get late and want to change....you have to go see the Maitre D around 2pm on Embarkation day....however there is no guarantee that it will be changed. It depends on how full the ship is.

LOL You were faster than me this morning. More coffee? :) Since you are a frequent cruiser (sigh I could only dream) I was wondering if that "waitlisted" could be what shows up for open seating? Have you chosen that option yet?

This is a new thing that has just been added to the reservations. I imagine everyone is labeled "Waitlisted" right now. It seems like they are working on the web site, because now my fare information has totally disappeared. I'm not going to worry about it--I suspect that by Monday the information will be back up on the site and sorted out. Because we've been Platinum for a while, I would guess that my "Waitlisted" status will change. If not, I'll just go to the Maitre' D and ask about it when we board. No biggie...

Wow, just checked my upcoming cruises. That's a new one! It's on all my bookings, says waitlisted for all of them. Wasn't there yesterday.

No wories here. Obviously they're tinkering with the website again, and their QA dept isn't doing a very good job testing. :rolleyes:

This is a new thing that has just been added to the reservations. I imagine everyone is labeled "Waitlisted" right now. It seems like they are working on the web site, because now my fare information has totally disappeared. I'm not going to worry about it--I suspect that by Monday the information will be back up on the site and sorted out. Because we've been Platinum for a while, I would guess that my "Waitlisted" status will change. If not, I'll just go to the Maitre' D and ask about it when we board. No biggie...

I'll be platinum on this next cruise too, and my reservation is also showing "waitlisted." You'd think they'd be able to program it so platinums didn't show that. I don't want to waste time on my cruise going to the Maitre D' to handle something that should have been taken care of prior to boarding.

OP ~ if you do happen to get late seating, and for some reason the Maitre D' is unable to change it for you.....you can always do what we do. We prefer late seating, but I can't wait that long to eat either. ;) So, we always hit the buffet or the poolside grill or pizza early.....anywhere from 5 to 6....and have a snack. Well, ok, sometimes it ends up being more than a snack. :p But, we are always ready to eat again when our late seating rolls around.

There is also the room service for a snack before dinner.

Good luck, I hope you get the early seating! :)

I checked my res. and it says the same thing, but we booked this like 3 months ago and this is the first time I saw it? How can we go from not being waitlisted for 3 months, then all of a sudden become waitlisted? This will be number 8 with Carnival so we are not Platnium "yet":p

Could it be we have been bumped to a wait list due to new Platnium bookings? What's really strange is that it's for the "late" seating, and based on my experience is not the seating that most pax choose.:confused:

At least it doesn't say you've been blacklisted! :D:p

As I recall from previous cruises, dining isn't even assigned until right before we cruise so maybe it's a new thing added to the reservation. Also remember they are now adding the optional Flexible Dining for some passagers for the dining rooms so it may have to do with needing to change the reservation system. The link that showed when the new dining system was being implemented no longer works but I recalled that for the Elation it was late April. I think the plan is half the dining will be open seating and half will be early or late.

I was just on the phone with Carnival to price a cruise, and the PVP said that the wait list for dining times is new. He basically said that you request your dining time, and they will do their best to give you your preferred time. I guess the earlier you book, the better your chance for getting your preferred time?????

He did say they were also getting lots of complaints about it today.

I was checking excursions- so happy I can see them online now. I have been waitlisted too. I booked this cruise in November, I think so I hope that is considered soon enough to get preference.Im no going to stress about it but I really like the late seating.

I was checking excursions- so happy I can see them online now. I have been waitlisted too. I booked this cruise in November, I think so I hope that is considered soon enough to get preference.Im no going to stress about it but I really like the late seating.

Generally, most people seem to prefer early seating. I think you will very likely get late seating if that is what you requested. It seems to be the less popular seating.

Personally, we always request late seating, and have always gotten it. I like having more time after port days before I have to get to dinner. We always get some sort of snack to tide us over until dinner.

Right. that's what I can't understand. We too booked a long time ago and today was the first day I saw the "waitlisted" sign on the res?:confused:

We ended getting stuck with Late dinner on the Glory with our 8 year old...we ended having a 6pm pre-dinner just took make it until our 8:15 dinner! We asked fo rit to be switched but our request wasn't honored. The first day he fell asleep at the table.

Then.....

Our son had so much fun at camp carnival that by the end of the week he was eating dinner with his friends...the camp carnival dinner is at 6pm! then he stayed with the gang..played. We went to our dinner at 8:15 then went to pick him up...against his will...lol when we were done our dinner!

I checked my res. and it says the same thing, but we booked this like 3 months ago and this is the first time I saw it? How can we go from not being waitlisted for 3 months, then all of a sudden become waitlisted? This will be number 8 with Carnival so we are not Platnium "yet":p

Could it be we have been bumped to a wait list due to new Platnium bookings? What's really strange is that it's for the "late" seating, and based on my experience is not the seating that most pax choose.:confused:

Well..our documents said "early seating" for 8 months...it was when we got to the port we found out we had the late seating. We requested early seating since we had an 8 year old but our request was denied!!! I am loking forward to Flex dining....much better!

Well..our documents said "early seating" for 8 months...it was when we got to the port we found out we had the late seating. We requested early seating since we had an 8 year old but our request was denied!!! I am loking forward to Flex dining....much better!

When it says "early seating" on your documents......that is only what has been requested. They do not guarantee that you will get what you request.

Good luck with the anytime dining ~ hope you like it better. :)

When it says "early seating" on your documents......that is only what has been requested. They do not guarantee that you will get what you request.

Good luck with the anytime dining ~ hope you like it better. :)

I am aware of that! I thought they would have the consideration of adjusting my time with a young child!

But I guess it wasn't available!

After having a late seating for dinner we kind of prefer it now. There wasn't a rush to board when we were in port..and we had a relax and a pre-dinner room service meal most days!

My son ended eating with his Camp carnival friends so he was happy! He was fed and playing by the time we started our dining room meal!!!

I am aware of that! I thought they would have the consideration of adjusting my time with a young child!

But I guess it wasn't available!

After having a late seating for dinner we kind of prefer it now. There wasn't a rush to board when we were in port..and we had a relax and a pre-dinner room service meal most days!

My son ended eating with his Camp carnival friends so he was happy! He was fed and playing by the time we started our dining room meal!!!

Glad it worked out for you guys! We actually always request late seating, because of what you said.....not so much of a rush after port days.

We always get an early "snack" before our dinner.......up in the Lido buffet or the poolside grill or pizza, room service.

I do think the early time is the more popular and harder to get into. That's why I'm glad we like late.....less people trying for it means we will most likely always get it.

I think they're automatically putting "waitlisted" on all bookings as I'm platinum and I'm seeing "waitlisted." Seems really silly to do that since one of the platinum perks is guaranteed dining. Of course, the Carnival web site guys don't seem to have their acts together.

I just checked my reservation and it is also waitlisted. I have never had this happen before. Like the OP said it wasn't there yesterday. I made my reservation last September for this year.

Same thing here. Thanks for all the answers. Was not sure what it meant.

Two weeks til we leave on the Conquest. I am sooooo ready!!!!!

We booked our May Glory cruise in November, and yes, today, it now says waitlisted for the late dining on our reservation & our friend's reservation. It hasn't been saying that, but we're not worried.............we'll be on a cruise!:D Whatever happens, happens, we'll go with the flow, it's vacation!:D

Archived