Explorer of the Seas MTD?

Our waiter in the MDR said that My Time Dining is chaotic on Explorer. For some reason the wait staff is having trouble with this concept. They were changing some of the duties in the MDR and service was really poor....the worst we have ever had on a Royal Caribbean sailing. The waiters kept apologizing saying that once that got used to things service would improve. I'm not sure what changes were made to the work load but they sure seemed to be having some trouble.

I suspect that whatever changes to the work load that was going on in the MDR might have been causing the "chaos" in MTD as well. Hopefully they have worked all the kinks out.

No, it is a combo of initials.

Funny you should ask. I just received a flyer today. My brother who did go to DeSales and is being inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame this year.

LOL..i went there..........got out a LOOONNGGG time ago (it was still Allentown college back there...small world!)

Our waiter in the MDR said that My Time Dining is chaotic on Explorer. For some reason the wait staff is having trouble with this concept. They were changing some of the duties in the MDR and service was really poor....the worst we have ever had on a Royal Caribbean sailing. The waiters kept apologizing saying that once that got used to things service would improve. I'm not sure what changes were made to the work load but they sure seemed to be having some trouble.

I suspect that whatever changes to the work load that was going on in the MDR might have been causing the "chaos" in MTD as well. Hopefully they have worked all the kinks out.

We did MTD and it was great. Service was the best. Leonardo was outstanding. I was talking to the head waiter, he said they put the best of the staff in MTD service. The wine service was also good. No Chaos with service

We did MTD and it was great. Service was the best. Leonardo was outstanding. I was talking to the head waiter, he said they put the best of the staff in MTD service. The wine service was also good. No Chaos with service

So, that explains why the service in the MDR was so poor!:eek: Maybe our waiter wanted us to think you guys on Deck 5 were suffering more! It was the assistant waiter that was the weak link. Forget having something like a glass of wine or a soda.....water would have been nice....coffee maybe?

We started going to the bars and grabbing drinks before heading to the dinning room. This was the first time we didn't tip extra for the dinning room staff.

We did MTD for the first time on Explorer 8/15 sailing. IMO it was terrible. You can read my review. This was first time in all my RCCL sailings I have ever encountered a rude staff member. I don't think MTD on the Explorer is ready for prime time. :(

sorry, what is MTD?

My Time Dining. Supposed to be able to "dine when you want" like a restaurant". Unfortunately my experience was that it didn't work that way. They wanted me to make reservations for every night at least a day in advance and when I forgot one night because my mom was not feeling well the day prior they told me I could not dine before 8:30pm because there was nothing available:(. On top of that the maitre'd was down right rude about it. First time I have ever encountered a rude or unpleasant person on a RCCL cruise. Hopefully I'll have a better experience on Explorer next go around.

Archived