Boston Priceline/Hotwire

Linda/Ohio

• 6 months later...

Hi 138east ... it's me again! I've been reading all of the great info everyone gives on Boston hotels ... we are not really night owls, but do like to walk and explore. Do you think the Copley area would be better for us than the Waterfront/Convention? It looks as though the Hotwire Copley $99 (Sheraton?) might be better for us than the Waterfront/Convention $119 (Westin?). Thank you, again ...

Robyn

Either hotel would be fine, but the Copley area might suit your needs a bit better. It's a business and residential area with shops, whereas the Waterfront area is just hotels and office buildings with some restaurants on waterfront. Wherever you stay in the downtown area, you can walk around.

Thank you, we are also worried that one area might not be as safe walking around as the other. We are NOT late walkers, so we would be back to the hotel by 6 or 7pm at the latest. I'm still trying with Priceline .... my fingers are crossed!!

No worries in the downtown area - 6-7 pm is still rush hour. You should also be prepared to take the "T" - also no problem with that in the evening. Walking is fine, but sometimes the weather is not good or you just need to get between two places that are not so close together.

Ok, I finally did it! I had gone all the way up to $105 on Priceline for a 4* during the past few days. However, after reading your post this morning we decided to go for the 3 1/2* Copley hotel. I did try Priceline again today, but just the 3 1/2* ... and I went up to $93 ... but nothing, so I went with the Hotwire $96 Copley hotel ... and it was the Sheraton. Thank you so much!

You are going to love this location. It is actually in the BackBay which is actually better. Go shopping on Newburry Street to all the nice shops and restaurants. And the price is a bargain. I stayed here for my daughters graduation from BU and I think I had to pay something close to $300.

Ok, I finally did it! I had gone all the way up to $105 on Priceline for a 4* during the past few days. However, after reading your post this morning we decided to go for the 3 1/2* Copley hotel. I did try Priceline again today, but just the 3 1/2* ... and I went up to $93 ... but nothing, so I went with the Hotwire $96 Copley hotel ... and it was the Sheraton. Thank you so much!

Hi all....from a west coast person.......anyways will have to book a hotel in Boston for about 3/4 nights before the cruise...will be skulking about this site.....do not know anything about Boston except the hockey team and baseball team....lol.....Ken

If you've been reading the posts, you will know that Boston Hotel rooms are expensive and that we recommend using Priceline or Hotwire. For a stay of several days (as opposed to a one night precruise hotel) we recommend the Back Bay/Copley area first, then Quincy Market/Financial, then Theater District, and then South Boston. Any 3 1/2*-4* hotel in these area should more than adequately meet your needs and any 3* hotel will be OK as well (interestingly, there are usually better deals on the higher * hotels). The hotels in these areas tend to have good access to public transportation (the "T"), which you will certainly use if you are visiting for 3-4 days.

We are spending a few days in Boston after our Maasdam cruise for June 19-22. How early should I be looking to book on Hotwire or Priceline for hotels? Any area better for having teenager girls with us? Thanks for any help. These boards are great for information.

We are spending a few days in Boston after our Maasdam cruise for June 19-22. How early should I be looking to book on Hotwire or Priceline for hotels? Any area better for having teenager girls with us? Thanks for any help. These boards are great for information.

Both the areas suggested by 138, Backbay/Copley or Quincy Market are perfect for teenaged girls because of one word SHOPPING!!!.

The 3 1/2* Copley hotel is on Hotwire right now for $129 + tax. It is usually the Sheraton. How many people are you? If you are more than 2 to a room, you should use Hotwire. IMO this is a good price (not a fantastic price), but June can be a busy month in Boston. I'd grab this one.

There are 4 of us total...DH, myself and 2 daughters. I have a friend who can possibly get us friends and family discount at a Marriott but not sure how far in advance it can be booked. I don't want to miss a deal on Hotwire by waiting too long in case it doesn't work out for the Marriott.

Looks like the friends and family is not going to be a great deal. I found the code and check hotels available and none are priced as well as Hotline. Priceline has a 4 star in Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall area promo today for $100 night. Would that be a good option or could I run into problems being 4 of us.

Thanks for the info. I have never done Priceline or Hotwire. The price was good on Priceline but would be a waste of money if I couldn't get 4 in the room. I worked for the company that managed Pru Center in the 90's and must have stayed at the Sheraton since there was access to the mall. I did go ahead and book on Hotwire and it is the Sheraton. I think it'll work well for my family. There is always shopping to be done when you are a teenage girl! :)

Thanks for the info. I have never done Priceline or Hotwire. The price was good on Priceline but would be a waste of money if I couldn't get 4 in the room. I worked for the company that managed Pru Center in the 90's and must have stayed at the Sheraton since there was access to the mall. I did go ahead and book on Hotwire and it is the Sheraton. I think it'll work well for my family. There is always shopping to be done when you are a teenage girl! :)

If it not raining, take them to Newbury Street. They will love it. They probably will enjoy the Duck tours which you pick up at the Pru mall also. You might as well throw in a little American history if you can.:)

I am happy with my choice and looking forward to going back to Boston. It's been over 10 years since I have been there and the rest of the family has never been there. We are going to walk the Freedom Trail since I think it's important that the girls see some of our country's history. My oldest will have US History in school next year so it'll be nice for her to remember some of the sights. I have done the duck tour which was fun so we'll see if it fits into the schedule. Like so many places, too much to do and too little time.

Post back on the New England forum for suggestions. I've also taken the duck tour and it was fun, but IMO pricey for what you get for the time. If you want to go to the Constitution, consider the MBTA water taxi from Long Wharf (near the Aquarium and Quincy Market) to Charlestown and back - $1.70/pp for a "harbor cruise". The girls might also like Harvard Square. Check out the MBTA "T" passes for your group - staying in Back Bay you most likely be riding the "T".

Archived