Victory 8/23 Sailing

dznymom

Honestly, other than choosing a different tour operator for Dominica everything was great. Oh, and reapplying sunblock in Barbados would have been a good move!

The only other thing I would change would be our dining table. I requested a large table linked with my Mom. We were linked, but we were at a booth and it was just the 3 of us. DH and I sometimes like to skip the main dining room, but Mom loves it, so we sort of felt obligated to go to keep her company. (Okay, I'll admit it- we blew her off one night.)

Normally I check our dining assignment right after boarding, but for some reason I didn't do it this time, so it's quiite likely I could have gotten it fixed if I had been on the ball. Because the first night is open seating, it wasn't until the 2nd night that I even realized it, so I let it go. It worked out, but we would have been happier with a large table.

I am not whining though :p This was our best Carnival cruise yet!

Thanks for the "review" Dznymom. Do you think we would be better off taking a whale watching tour in Dominica? I have read on here that roads to the sights are dangerous and tours can be overcrowded--you seem to agree.

We were on Victory in November and took a whale watching tour. We had lots of whale (sperm whales and pilot whales) and dolphin sightings. Including a juvenile sperm whale who swam/showed off for about 20 minutes around our boat. We enjoyed it.

Quote by dznymom

Destin was a pleasure to spend the day with, and treated us to lots of stories about the island. SInce we had exceeded our expected time, we added a generous amount onto the original figure. Destin never asked for this, and seemed pleased with what we gave him, I was very, very happy with Destin & our day, and after reading of recent events I am even more pleased that everything went so well. I have his card, but he has no email address on it. I highly recommend him, and if anyone is seriously interested in his services, I would give you his phone number. We really enjoyed our day in Antigua with Destin!

Would love his #. We are cruising on the Victory in Feb 2020.

Could you email me welldone60 at sbcglobal dot net

Thanks

We were on Victory in November and took a whale watching tour. We had lots of whale (sperm whales and pilot whales) and dolphin sightings. Including a juvenile sperm whale who swam/showed off for about 20 minutes around our boat. We enjoyed it.

Who did you take your tour through? Do you recommmend them? I have e-mailed Barefoot and Island Style, but have not booked with anyone yet.

Hi dnyzmom

I was in your rollcall but think I missed the meet and greet.

This was ma first and best cruise

St thomas-we went shopping for water and stuff ...den browsed aound Havensight shops....I live in Tottola so Im in st thomas all da time

Dominica...I probably saw you at Titou gorge we were on Reyno tours...da roads omg....

Barbados-met friedns for personal tour ....been here before too

St Lucia.....Cosol tours..trus mi best tour hands down...food drink

Antigua-booked a day pass to Jolly beach....glad we did dat now reading about what happened to those guys;l ve been to Antigua before...so called a friend to take me to Jolly

St kitts met up with friedns ...again been here before.

We were midship 1383,,,picture windown I slept like a baby

Already looking for ma next cruise either 2010/2011 DEC.

Hi cutie coward, I am not sure our roll call ever got organized enouh for a meet & greet! We left a week early, so of there was one, we didn't know about it. It sure was a great cruise, and I did meet some really nice people from our roll call on various excursions :) It must have been really fun for you to see friends on some of the islands. I haven't been to Tortola yet, but it's on my short list. From what I have read about it you are very lucky!

2Pinacoladas, I think a whale watch would be a great way to spend a day in Dominica, especially if you don't like steep, windy roads. I have done whale watches in Alaska and New England, and if you haven't done one, you really should. These massive yet graceful creatures leave me spellbound!

• 9 months later...
Hi dnyzmom

I was in your rollcall but think I missed the meet and greet.

This was ma first and best cruise

St thomas-we went shopping for water and stuff ...den browsed aound Havensight shops....I live in Tottola so Im in st thomas all da time

Dominica...I probably saw you at Titou gorge we were on Reyno tours...da roads omg....

Barbados-met friedns for personal tour ....been here before too

St Lucia.....Cosol tours..trus mi best tour hands down...food drink

Antigua-booked a day pass to Jolly beach....glad we did dat now reading about what happened to those guys;l ve been to Antigua before...so called a friend to take me to Jolly

St kitts met up with friedns ...again been here before.

We were midship 1383,,,picture windown I slept like a baby

Already looking for ma next cruise either 2010/2011 DEC.

we have this room on an upcoming trip...did you like it?

Archived