disembark on Kauai instead of Honolulu?

Louise45

we were on pride of hawaii (so it's been a couple of years), and we saw a couple getting off the ship in kauai, luggage and all. when we asked some other passengers about it we were told that ncl lets you get off on kauai and will then let you back on a week later (the next time they make a port stop) and let you sail the ship from kauai to honolulu for general disembarking. sounds too good to be true, plus what if the ship is sold out and there aren't any cabins available for your return from kauai to oahu? so, that's been our experience. like the other posters advised, it's best to check with the cruise line itself for the real deal:)

I want to do this same thing in February, so I emailed NCL. They sent back a response that I couldn't do that as it would make it a one way cruise. I still plan to see if I can do it, by asking at the front desk. That would be so much better than going to Honolulu and flying back in the morning. We also are staying a week in Kauai. :)

I called NCL and they told me to contact my TA although they didn't see a problem because I will still be in the US. They said I could get off at any port as long as I signed something at the desk ahead of time to let them know and so we can't say they left us. They also said the price would stay the same. I already knew that. I contacted my TA and she told me the same thing, she said they said for me to contact them a month before we cruise and remind them.

A TA told me they would not let us do this! She supposedly asked, too! Now I'm aggravated!

Since the Pride Of America is a US flagged ship and the cruise is a domestic cruise there are zero issues with this. I do them all the time at the front desk. I bet your TA asked just in general but not POA. You can't check out, leave for a day or two then check back in though.

Archived