Price question

doxdogy

Looking on Carnival's website just to see if the price dropped on my cruise. When the page first loads it shows $289, then when you click on the actual date a different price shows $379. Anyone ever run across this before?

The price shown is the lowest price and is for a specific date. If there is no date on the itinerary page that is highlighted in red, then that price is not available for the dates shown, you have to go further in the dates available to find the bargain. If you click on the PRICE, it will bring up the date that price is good for. EM

Looking on Carnival's website just to see if the price dropped on my cruise. When the page first loads it shows $289, then when you click on the actual date a different price shows $379. Anyone ever run across this before?

The $289 rate is the lowest possible rate based upon an inside cabin for 2 passengers prior to the port taxes being added. As you go into the other cabin types, the rate will change. Also depends on the number of people in a cabin and whether or not you are eligible for additional special rates (i.e., senior citizen, past passenger, resident rate).

A little disappointing, but same for all cruise lines.

MARAPRINCE

I am getting the same problem that the OP is getting.

If I search for my cruise on 10/26 on the Fantasy as a SC resident the first page brings up $249pp for an interior. Then when I click the green button for details it brings me to the page with the itinerary and the matrix for base staterooms and fare classes. On that page it brings up $299pp for an interior for "fun saver" as the lowest price.

Its not a tax/fee issue because that gets added on after you click the $299pp fun saver rate. At that point the total is displayed as $655.78 for two.

It seems like the first page is displaying a resident rate, but when you click to see the details that rate is not being displayed.

I used to be able to just go over and do the advanced search over on the left, and put my stuff in and it would bring up the dates in the range, now I get some other page, but if I hit my back button, I get the other rates then on the originally selected date.

something is defintely wierd, and a pain to find prices now.

There could actually be such a price as you are seeing, its getting to it that is a PITA.

I've seen price discrepancies on their site before. That's why I always call for specific pricing. I do my initial research on their site, but when I'm ready to get specific pricing or to book, I call. More often than not, the price quoted over the phone will be less than any price shown on line, sometimes considerably less. 1.888.CARNIVAL is your friend.

The first page, showing the lower rates, are always quoted as "from 289.00". That means that there are some cruises at that price...but not all of them.

Once you move to the second page that shows the dates, look for the dates in RED... Those are the sailings where that lower price is generally available...and is usually only a handful of them.

booked a cabin for just myself other friends going and i waited till 3 weeks before cruise and looked twice a day for price drop called Carnival to get mu past guest # so i could book the agent i talked to wanted to see if he could get me a good price and i was told $659.20 and that would be the cheapest i wouldfind it and that only 4 cabins left so i booked because it was better then $925.00 and with only 3 cabins left i wanted to make sure i got cabin. WELL NEXT DAY PRICE DROPPED $114.00 i called Carnival and they would not even give me a ship credit and i have been on Carnival 3 times in this past year so i am very upset with them next time i'll book with someone else

booked a cabin for just myself other friends going and i waited till 3 weeks before cruise and looked twice a day for price drop called Carnival to get mu past guest # so i could book the agent i talked to wanted to see if he could get me a good price and i was told $659.20 and that would be the cheapest i wouldfind it and that only 4 cabins left so i booked because it was better then $925.00 and with only 3 cabins left i wanted to make sure i got cabin. WELL NEXT DAY PRICE DROPPED $114.00 i called Carnival and they would not even give me a ship credit and i have been on Carnival 3 times in this past year so i am very upset with them next time i'll book with someone else

Well, if you came to CC you would know that if you are not booked early saver you are taking the chance.... so did you ask to get upgraded??

I have several I cant get refunds on .... so dont sweat it, ask for a upgrade. Im up to a 6D now on one cruise, only paid $20 total more to upgrade. Make lemonaide out of the lemons and dont get mad at anyone. No one can guarantee you the price will not drop after you book. Why would you believe that?? You can only be mad at yourself.

Archived