Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Thanks Joanie for the website and information. I'm a first timer and booked an interior room on Eurodam for this coming December. Holland's website really didn't give me a good idea of what a standard-interior room was like. I was afraid that I probably should have gotten a bigger room, but from the standard interior photos on your site, I think I will manage just fine. I'll be rooming alone and there are many sitting areas on the ship.

Thanks again!

abe

Thanks Joanie for the website and information. I'm a first timer and booked an interior room on Eurodam for this coming December. Holland's website really didn't give me a good idea of what a standard-interior room was like. I was afraid that I probably should have gotten a bigger room, but from the standard interior photos on your site, I think I will manage just fine. I'll be rooming alone and there are many sitting areas on the ship.

Thanks again!

abe

Glad to be of some help in reassuring you Abe:)

It is thanks to all the CC members who have donated not only their photos, but also their descriptions:) I just host the site:) The CC members do all the work taking those photos for us to use.

Joanie

I notice that alternate cabins on decks 5 & 6 of the Prinsendam (maybe others too) have only a shower. However, the only layouts shown are with tub. We never use the tub and a shower would be fine, but I wonder how this affects space. Is there more space somewhere else? Like a bigger bathroom area or bigger closet? I can't find any info on this although I have done a lot of searching!

Thanks!

...Rick

I notice that alternate cabins on decks 5 & 6 of the Prinsendam (maybe others too) have only a shower. However, the only layouts shown are with tub. We never use the tub and a shower would be fine, but I wonder how this affects space. Is there more space somewhere else? Like a bigger bathroom area or bigger closet? I can't find any info on this although I have done a lot of searching!

Thanks!

...Rick

I have had cabins with shower only, and I LOVED it! I don't like to have to step into a tub, I prefer the shower only! the space is the same as with a tub.

other than that, I think the space is the same. carri:cool:

Hi, my experience has been that the bathrooms with the tub combo are a bit larger(the living space seems to be the same, but the bathrooms with the tub do seem to give more room for movement; and obviously the shower has more room as it is the size of the tub:rolleyes:) I do prefer stepping into a shower rather than up/over the tub side, tho. Not any major difference overall, so it would just be personal preference.

I have had cabins with shower only, and I LOVED it! I don't like to have to step into a tub, I prefer the shower only! the space is the same as with a tub.

other than that, I think the space is the same. carri:cool:

You found the right thread A.S.!

Here is a link to what I have on the Veendam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/index.html

Joanie

Joanie, I am sailing on the Oosterdam cabin VA 5185. I have not been able to find any pictures of that cabin. Additionally, do you have any idea about the size of the balcony? Would of loved the wrap around,but unless the upsell fairy comes calling, we will be very happy with our Aft cabin.

Joanie, I am sailing on the Oosterdam cabin VA 5185. I have not been able to find any pictures of that cabin. Additionally, do you have any idea about the size of the balcony? Would of loved the wrap around,but unless the upsell fairy comes calling, we will be very happy with our Aft cabin.

I do not have photos yet of VA 5185, but do have 3 of its next door neighbor VA 5187 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index.html

Jtl513 says: The standard Verandah/Balcony is 6 ft. deep by 9 ft. wide. VA aft/stern Verandah/Balconys are deeper (how much depends on which deck, and Vista class (Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam & Zuiderdam) versus Signature class (Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam). VD are 7.5 ft. deep. VF and VE on Vista Class ships, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam, Verandah deck are only 4.5 ft. deep.

[

VA 4174, VA 4176, VA 4179 & VA 4181 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Staterooms. These VA AFT Staterooms are about 3 ft. longer than the other 2 Aft facing cabins (VB 4178 & VB 4183.) They are also about 6 inches wider. Does not sound like much but does help with the congestion around the end of the bed. Verandah/Balcony size is about 10 ft. X 10 ft., with a lounge chair, two deck chairs, a very small table and ottoman/footstool. The Deck 4 Aft VA's are all about 3 ft. longer inside than the side VA's, and the verandah/balconys are about 4 ft. deeper than the side VA's.

he stern Verandah/Balconys on the Noordam are different from the other three Vistas. Deck 4 verandah/balconys are larger and more exposed, and the Deck 5 ones are completely covered. The Oosterdam and Westerdam are like this. The Noordam stern is evenly sloped, so that Deck 4 is not larger nor is Deck 5 covered any more than Deck 4, Deck 6, or Deck 7. Deck 8 has a lot of coverage on all four ships, but probably a little more so on the Noordam.

From just looking at the deck plans, it appears to my eyes that Deck 5 are the larger verandahs, on top of being covered, I think you will be a bit happier than someone directly 1 deck above and/or below you:)

Hope this helps....

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

We are all set with our room but our kids want a Deluxe Veranda. Does anyone know how noisy Deck 10 is. It seems that it is below a lot of stuff. They will stay there and wear earplugs but this is our daughter's first cruise so I want her to know what to expect. Our son-in-law hates noise but he is really good with ear plugs. :eek:

Thanks!

We are all set with our room but our kids want a Deluxe Veranda. Does anyone know how noisy Deck 10 is. It seems that it is below a lot of stuff. They will stay there and wear earplugs but this is our daughter's first cruise so I want her to know what to expect. Our son-in-law hates noise but he is really good with ear plugs. :eek:

Thanks!

Some of the Delux Suites on Navigatin Deck are right below the Lido pool. They will hear when the deck chairs are moved early in the morning when the area is washed. Also they will hear when people move the tables, chairs, lounge chairs throughout the day. Sometimes it can be very noisy -- other times people aren't moving a lot of items and it is quiet. Hard to judge what will happen on any given cruise.

On the Ryndam and other S class ships we try to choose a cabin as far forward as possible -- getting under the beauty salon is much quieter.

Joanie,

I don't have pics yet of Nieuw Amsterdam, have to figure out how to get the video into pics, but I can tell you the Veranda cabins are much smaller than Ryndam. Dh kind of argued with me about it, but it was confirmed when we inquired about future cruises. The deck itself was a bit larger, but the room was MUCH smaller. The counter space was also much smaller, by about half. It made getting ready in the morning a juggling act. I guess a minor inconvience, but if we were to book on her again for that length of a cruise I think I would check into the suite. Just an FYI for now until I have time to figure out how to get the video into pics.

ETA: The bed was super comfy! Loved the pillows! Probably weren't any different from our other cruise, but for some reason the comfiness stood out this cruise.

Edited by Kittycat2009

Joanie,

I don't have pics yet of Nieuw Amsterdam, have to figure out how to get the video into pics, but I can tell you the Veranda cabins are much smaller than Ryndam. Dh kind of argued with me about it, but it was confirmed when we inquired about future cruises. The deck itself was a bit larger, but the room was MUCH smaller. The counter space was also much smaller, by about half. It made getting ready in the morning a juggling act. I guess a minor inconvience, but if we were to book on her again for that length of a cruise I think I would check into the suite. Just an FYI for now until I have time to figure out how to get the video into pics.

ETA: The bed was super comfy! Loved the pillows! Probably weren't any different from our other cruise, but for some reason the comfiness stood out this cruise.

I can post the video if you send it to me at my email addy.... I can also screen capture with my Graphics program(s).

What stateroom werre you in??

Another CC member sent me his photos and MY GOODNESS! 4134 had a HUGE verandah!! (that was the stateroom below his)

Joanie

We were in 4133.

Okay, I'll figure out how to download the video than and let you do the hard work. :D

Kim

P.S. With the new card feature for the lights, you can put any piece of paper in the slot to keep your lights on, it doesn't have to be your card key.

Edited by Kittycat2009

Does anyone have a picture of S10 on the Maasdam? Been looking and can't seem to find one.

Thanks for your help,

Hey there marinemomx2,

I do not have photos os S 10 But I do have some of S 05 and S 21, along with descriptions. They are most likely, duplicates of S 10. The difference is in the location only. Just click on the link and scroll down to Deck 10 - Navigation Deck and click on the photos. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Maasdam/index.html

Joanie

Noticing that our upcoming cabin is listed as having only a roll in shower, yet all the other Vista class HC cabins 6108 have shower and tub. Why would this one be different??? Looks the same on the deck plans Does anyone have photos of this bathroom:confused:

Noticing that our upcoming cabin is listed as having only a roll in shower' date=' yet all the other Vista class HC cabins 6108 have shower and tub. Why would this one be different??? Looks the same on the deck plans Does anyone have photos of this bathroom:confused:[/quote']

Napi's Mom, SY 6108 is a wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only Stateroom.

Here is the listing of All the HC Staterooms on

Noordam: Staterooms: C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, H 4089, H 4090, I 8037, J 1074, N 1011, N 1012, VD 4051, VD 4052, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VA 8031, VA 8032, VB 6049 & SY 6108, are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.

[

SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001, SY 5002, SS 8068, are wheelchair accessible, with a bathtub and roll-in shower.

Here are the listings for all HC Staterooms on the other 3 Vistas also:

Oosterdam: Staterooms: N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only staterooms.

[

Staterooms: SS 8068, SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001 & SY 5002 are wheelchair accessible, bathtub and roll-in shower. Staterooms.

Westerdam: Staterooms N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.

[

Staterooms SS 8068, SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001, SY 5002 are wheelchair accessible, bathtub and roll-in shower.

Zuiderdam: Staterooms N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.

[

Staterooms SS 8068, SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001, SY 5002 are wheelchair accessible, bathtub and roll-in shower.

AS you can see, not all HC are shower only, but many are due to wheelchair and other mobility needs.

I do have photos of Westerdam's 6108 that does show a bathtub also here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html

Specifically this photo shows both the roll in shower with the tub and commode: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/6108_Essiesmom-6.jpg

The shower is behind the curtain on the right and has a pull down seat.

The standard bath tubs on HAL ships are approximately 18 inches high from the floor and difficult for many people, both handicapped and able bodied alike to get into.

I have no idea why HAL lists SY 6108 as a shower only. But as you can see, on at least the Westerdam it is incorrect.

Hope this helps

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Napi's Mom, SY 6108 is a wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only Stateroom.

Here is the listing of All the HC Staterooms on

Noordam: Staterooms: C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, H 4089, H 4090, I 8037, J 1074, N 1011, N 1012, VD 4051, VD 4052, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VA 8031, VA 8032, VB 6049 & SY 6108, are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.

[

SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001, SY 5002, SS 8068, are wheelchair accessible, with a bathtub and roll-in shower.

Here are the listings for all HC Staterooms on the other 3 Vistas also:

Oosterdam: Staterooms: N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only staterooms.

[

Staterooms: SS 8068, SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001 & SY 5002 are wheelchair accessible, bathtub and roll-in shower. Staterooms.

Westerdam: Staterooms N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.

[

Zuiderdam: Staterooms N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.

[

AS you can see, not all HC are shower only, but many are due to wheelchair and other mobility needs.

I do have photos of Westerdam's 6108 that does show a bathtub also here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html

Specifically this photo shows both the roll in shower with the tub and commode: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/6108_Essiesmom-6.jpg

The shower is behind the curtain on the right and has a pull down seat.

The standard bath tubs on HAL ships are approximately 18 inches high from the floor and difficult for many people, both handicapped and able bodied alike to get into.

I have no idea why HAL lists SY 6108 as a shower only. But as you can see, on at least the Westerdam it is incorrect.

Hope this helps

Joanie

I will be able to fill you in in Nov. after we return from our TA that's leaving in a week. Will send photos of the Cabin, Bath and balcony (we had our Travel agent quote us the size of the cabin as 355sq' Balcony 214 Sq' that angled balcony was what I wanted...we have 3 of us going to be in there for 16 days! :D

I will be able to fill you in in Nov. after we return from our TA that's leaving in a week. Will send photos of the Cabin' date=' Bath and balcony (we had our Travel agent quote us the size of the cabin as 355sq' Balcony 214 Sq' that angled balcony was what I wanted...we have 3 of us going to be in there for 16 days! :D[/quote']

Fantastic!! THANK YOU!!

I am adding this to the info regarding Noordam's SY 6108:

"SY 6108" is a Superior Verandah Suite Staterooms: 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen size bed, wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only according to HAL (however photos show a bath tub also), large sitting area, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 1 person, mini bar, refrigerator, floor to ceiling windows. One touch telephone concierge service. Approximately 389 sq. ft. including verandah. This stateroom is reported by Cruise Critic Member: Napi's Mom to be 355 sq. ft. with the Verandah/Balcony reported to be 214 sq. ft. It is an 'Angled' Stateroom which may account for the difference is sizing.

Joanie

Thanx dear Joanie, for your kind words on Les's thread below. Didn't want to hijack to respond, but I knew you'd look here.

I've got every confidence - well, right at this moment anyway:o that things will be fine with my test results. With God on my side and a wonderful support system of a loving husband, amazing family, and wonderful friends, how could I go wrong?

I so appreciate the good thoughts and prayers you're sending my way. Thank you again for your kindness.

Thanx dear Joanie, for your kind words on Les's thread below. Didn't want to hijack to respond, but I knew you'd look here.

I've got every confidence - well, right at this moment anyway:o that things will be fine with my test results. With God on my side and a wonderful support system of a loving husband, amazing family, and wonderful friends, how could I go wrong?

I so appreciate the good thoughts and prayers you're sending my way. Thank you again for your kindness.

I understand. And I am always holding those I care for, personaly or Internet wise in my heart. I just know this will pass for you for the good. I do not know how to explain it other than I feel it in my heart that all will be fine:)

Joanie

Eurodam transatlantic in April? Anyone know doe cabins N1012 and N1011 for disabled have those nice sitting areas or not? Also, CAT VT on Upper Prom on Eurodam, I know these have steel verandahs but they seem to me to be large, is this correct? Many thanks!

Eurodam transatlantic in April? Anyone know doe cabins N1012 and N1011 for disabled have those nice sitting areas or not? Also, CAT VT on Upper Prom on Eurodam, I know these have steel verandahs but they seem to me to be large, is this correct? Many thanks!

I will do my best to answer your questions, without asking the obvious one I have regarding the HC staterooms.....

N 1011 & N 1012 - 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, wheelchair accessible bathroom with a shower only.

Luxurious beds featuring Sealy® Premium Euro-Top mattresses and finely woven cotton linens. Deluxe waffle weave and terry cloth bathrobes for use during your voyage. 100% Egyptian cotton towels. Premium massage shower heads. 5X magnifying make-up mirrors and salon-quality hair dryers. Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure. Complimentary fresh fruit on request. Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages. Flat-panel TV and DVD player. Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service.

It is my understanding that there are no sofas in the HC staterooms in this category and many of the other HC staterooms. This enables someone in a wheelchair the ability to move there wheelchair around in the stateroom.

I cannot locate any VT staterooms on Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck. There are VA, VB, VD, VF and VH in the V category, but no VT's.

VH 4001 through VH 4004 and VF 4005 through VF 4042 these staterooms have solid steel verandah railings instead of clear-view Plexiglas® railings. These are the same size staterooms (I believe) as the other staterooms in the same category located in other areas of this deck.

The VT staterooms are on Deck 11 - Observation Deck only. They have the Plexiglas railings.

Hope this helps.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Thank you Joanie for the great job that you are doing for us all.

We are very lucky to have you tackling this big job, but it is so appreciated by us all.

Today we are celebrating Thanksgiving Day in Canada...may we all think of how blessed we are.