Mini suite dolphin or emerald on sapphire???

ohsoblessed

We have just booked our Alaska cruise for next May on Sapphire. We booked a mini suite on Dolphin deck D705 not knowing the balcony was open and not private to people looking down into our balcony. I am thinking I made a huge mistake not booking a mini on Emerald deck. My thinking was music would be too loud from the fusion bar below and keep us awake until late night.

Have anyone of you experienced too much noise in a mini suite on Emerald deck?

Have had an Emerald Deck mini suite on the Diamond (twin to the Sapphire).

We were on the side of the Ship away from the stage in club Fusion (odd number cabins), had no noise and enjoyed our balcony--even when it rained!

Aloha,

Bev

Blessed,

We have had Emerald minisuites for just the very reason they are covered. However, we had a Dolphin minisuite to Alaska and found it to be a good location to view all the wonderful scenery with the exception of having someone right above us who dumped a bucket of ice onto our balcony.:( Guess there are unthinking people traveling onboard at any given time.

That being said, you will be able to see glaciers, etc. from both sides of the ship, so you might want to grab the mini on the opposite side from the Fusion. You can also go on the Promenade deck to view & sit in a lounge chair, if weather is rainy.

EMERALD DECK!!!!!! Go for the Emerald deck minis, they are the best! IMHO. If you can, aim for either E731 or E728, they have extra large balconies!!! Shhhh! You didn't hear that from me!!! We have E731 booked on the Sapphire for our Hawaii cruise, can't wait! Those are honestly our favorite rooms! They are so great and the aft elevator near them, goes straight into the buffet so you can grab some snacks at night and take them back down to your room without a hike or get your hot breakfast to enjoy out on your balcony! You also have a bit of a view of the wake, always a relaxing panorama! Have a great cruise, the Sapphire is the best!!!

Thanks everyone, I called our TA today and changed to E731 on Emerald deck. Feeling much better knowing our balcony is covered and private. We are very excited this is our first cruise to Alaska and first time on Princess.

Thanks again...:)

Thanks everyone, I called our TA today and changed to E731 on Emerald deck. Feeling much better knowing our balcony is covered and private. We are very excited this is our first cruise to Alaska and first time on Princess.
Perfect! Great cabin and location. It'll be quiet and you'll be protected from wind and rain (somewhat), at least as much as you can be. Mark it "DO NOT UPGRADE" because the upgrade fairy at Princess might decide you really want an AC at the very front of the ship (happened to me) instead of an AD.

Perfect! Great cabin and location. It'll be quiet and you'll be protected from wind and rain (somewhat), at least as much as you can be. Mark it "DO NOT UPGRADE" because the upgrade fairy at Princess might decide you really want an AC at the very front of the ship (happened to me) instead of an AD.

And the balcony on 731 is twice as big as the rest of the Emerald balconies!

Congatulations!

We are very excited about this cruise and our cabin. We have cruised with Carnival many times but jumped this time with Princess. Have heard many good things about Princess Line.

Thanks to all, you have been a big help with our decision to change cabins. Thanks Pam for the pictures...I am thrilled with our cabin.

Archived