The aft balconies: chairs or loungers?

zmikael

On our recent cruise with a "mass market" ship, the aft balcony was big enough for 2 chairs and 2 loungers, which were available. How about the O aft balconies? The only photo I have found suggests chairs, but I remember somebody talked about the loungers.

Friends of ours had one of the staterooms with an aft balcony. It came equipped with two chairs and a table just like all of the other verandah cabins. They requested loungers from their cabin steward and they were delivered. Our friends said it was a bit cramped, but they enjoyed it.

Friends of ours had one of the staterooms with an aft balcony. It came equipped with two chairs and a table just like all of the other verandah cabins. They requested loungers from their cabin steward and they were delivered. Our friends said it was a bit cramped, but they enjoyed it.

I see. This is good news, because it eliminates for me the question whether to book a cabana.:)

Mike

I won't try to spend your money for you, but just be aware that the experience is nothing alike.

Based on what I have learned on this forum, you are right. However,

- My wife has walking difficulty, so it would be hard for her to climb

- I believe, on the port-intensive European itinerary, at least some of the cabanas won't be booked for the entire cruise.

I hope to give it a try for one day, which does not require booking right now.

If your wife has some mobility problems, I would suggest that you ask your cabin steward to put at least one lounge chair on your aft balcony. You may not find the area as cramped as our friends did. There is a definite climb to the Cabana Deck. From what I have read, it is money well spent, but if your wife has mobility issues, it is better to be cramped and safe than pampered and hurt.

Archived