My roommate is a first time cruiser....

law638

As I said my roommate is a first time cruiser and I want to make sure that she has a great experience. We are on the Miracle on 11/12/09 Panama Cruise, not the ideal first time cruise. You know, like the normal HOT HOT cruise. Any suggestions.

I have never been on a Panama cruise or the Miracle so I can't really give you any advice for that, but I would just make sure she experiences all the on-board stuff like the shows, MDR meals, activities around the ship, DODs, sail away, deck parties, etc. Get to know your cabin steward, waiter, asst. waiter, talk to as many people on the cruise as possible, find out where they're from, etc.

Will you go to any islands at all? If so, book excursions that are fun, i.e., snorkeling, etc.

Much as I love cruising, it amazes me when I talk to someone who has been on a cruise and found it is not for them.

It's not because the cruise was bad in any way, it's probably more like they could not get in their car and go somewhere on the spur of the moment, or they could not take being packed so close with so many people. There are lots of possible reasons why someone would not like a cruise, none of which are the fault of the cruise line.

So, my point is, don't worry! Your roommate will probably love it but she may also hate it, and there is nothing you can do about it. Just have a good time and hope for the best.

Any suggestions.

Find out what her thoughts are about the dining room. Wants to sit at a larger table, would rather not eat with strangers, etc. Being at a table with strangers can really lessen enjoying the dining room if that is not your thing (it's not my thing :)) or being at a table for 2 would do the same if you want to meet new people and converse.

Decide on fixed seating or open seating. If you choose fixed, check out your table once onboard and see if it is a larger table or table for two (which ever you prefer) in case you need to try and get it changed.

book excursions that are fun, i.e., snorkeling, etc.

Belize is great for snorkeling. Panama..well you have to at least see the canal right? :) We will be doing the 8 hour Carnival excursion that takes you all the way through the canal when we do this itinerary next year. It's $$$ but it's been reported to be a great experience.

As I said my roommate is a first time cruiser and I want to make sure that she has a great experience. We are on the Miracle on 11/12/09 Panama Cruise, not the ideal first time cruise. You know, like the normal HOT HOT cruise. Any suggestions.

I suggest that you just sit back and let her figure things out for her self. I think most of the people on this board (my self included) love cruising so much we want to have everyone enjoy it the same as we do. I tend to get so exited when a friend is going on there first cruise, I want to tell them everything.

I did not find this board until about 2 weeks before my first cruise, and half the fun was figuring out what in the world a cruise was all about. I look back now am I am glad I did not know of CC much before my first cruise. It was all very exiting to see so much without knowing whats next.

So 5 years later I am going on our 5th cruise, the newness has worn off and I know so much now that I did not know then. i miss that part of cruising.

Archived