Monte Carlo Port, Nov. 21 & Nov. 22, 2009

Nini916

Will be on Insignia for Western Med cruise. We will be spending two days in Monte Carlo. Does anyone know what Towns would be interesting to see? We are planning on renting a car to get the most out of the two days. I love the countryside and don't want to miss a thing.

I agree with St Paul de Vence and whilst there go to Cannes and Nice. Antibes is great and way smaller with many great cafes.

Go the other way into Italy and visit San Remo or Ventimiglia if the market is open.

Personally I hate Monte Carlo and always make for the Station to move away.....but that's just me.

Brian

How far was EZE?

First of all Eze is at 3 different places:

Eze bord the bard ( coast)

Eze Village

and Eze at the upper corniche.

What you have to see is Eze VILLAGE. It is simply gorgeous! The time from Monaco will depend a little bit of the traffic.

For all you trips in france use : http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm

It will give you a map driving direction and approx times.

Further Nice, St Paul de Vence, are worth visiting but also Monaco with the Oceanic Museum.

How far was EZE?

The village of Eze was delightful. It is a medieval walled city with very narrow cobblestone streets. The viww is wonderful and the shops delightful. You can also visit the Fragonard Parfumerie. Eze can get overrun with tourists depending on the season and how many cruise ships are in town so be forewarned.

We visited on a French national holiday so we were not able to take the bus directly from Monte Carlo to Eze which is only a 20 minute ride. We ended up taking the bus from Monte Carlo to Nice and the bus from Nice to Eze. if you take the train, it leaves you at the bottom and it is a hike uphill.

Also, Monaco has several elevators you can use if you don't feel like walking up the hills. They are not that well posted but if you get a map they are listed. Enjoy.

We are planning on renting a car to get the most out of the two days.

Just a small remark on this subject. I don't know if you are American or not, but please be aware that the majority of rented cars are manual gear and not automatic gear. (note I prefer myself automatic... even as European!)

So if you are not used to manual gear, please reserve in time your car with the Renting company to avoid problems!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived