Ironing Clothes on board

vacruzer007

Wow...I get flamed and haven't even used my iron...go after the people who say they have used theirs. I even said in my reply I've never used it, but take it on ships I know don't have laundry rooms. BTW...the irons in the laundry rooms are always left on when I use them.

I also started a thread (a very long time ago) and mentioned that I took a 'steam iron' onboard and was flamed left and right! What I meant was that I took a 'steamer'... not an iron and apologized for the wrong wording. Even after that, people still continued to be angry and I finally quit posting to my own thread. This is a very touchy subject to many and some honestly believe that even taking a steamer shouldn't be allowed. I do understand the dangers of having an iron left on in the cabin... esp with no ironing boards for it to rest upon. However, I also fear for ashes coming from the stateroom next to me. I use my balcony to lay out on with plenty of towels surrounding me. There was one cruise where a cigar smoker's ashes from next door landed on my balcony still glowing red! I worry that this might be a fire hazard also. Please, please, please, smokers... do not flame me for saying this... I know it's highly unlikely that a fire could start this way but stranger things have happened! It is just a worry that I have had while laying out on the balcony. Oh well, good luck on this thread but I think it might be best if it keeps going, that you move on.

I also started a thread (a very long time ago) and mentioned that I took a 'steam iron' onboard and was flamed left and right! What I meant was that I took a 'steamer'... not an iron and apologized for the wrong wording. Even after that, people still continued to be angry and I finally quit posting to my own thread. This is a very touchy subject to many and some honestly believe that even taking a steamer shouldn't be allowed. I do understand the dangers of having an iron left on in the cabin... esp with no ironing boards for it to rest upon. However, I also fear for ashes coming from the stateroom next to me. I use my balcony to lay out on with plenty of towels surrounding me. There was one cruise where a cigar smoker's ashes from next door landed on my balcony still glowing red! I worry that this might be a fire hazard also. Please, please, please, smokers... do not flame me for saying this... I know it's highly unlikely that a fire could start this way but stranger things have happened! It is just a worry that I have had while laying out on the balcony. Oh well, good luck on this thread but I think it might be best if it keeps going, that you move on.

So true...actually I believe it was a cigarette on a balcony that cause the Star Princess fire.

I am not an irresponsible person and I would make sure the iron was turned off and unplugged -- IF I EVER DECIDED TO USE IT -- before ever leaving the cabin. I know that the irons in the laundry rooms are on a timer, but ya never know what can happens with those, too. At least I don't take candles...

I'm finished with this thread.

Archived