Ironing Clothes on board

vacruzer007

Does anyone know if you can bring a small steamer? I hate having to wait in line to iron my clohtes, I rather be wrinkled :)

As soon as I get my luggage I take what needs to be ironed for the week and go to the laundry room. It takes me about 1/2 hour or so. No one is there and I have it done with for the week:D

I do take a steamer for touch ups:p

Ironing Clothes on board

I have found that ironing clothes on a board is the best. Placing a towel on a counter top works good in a pinch and if you have to the floor will work but on an ironing board is best.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Sorry could not rezist

Does anyone know if you can bring a small steamer? I hate having to wait in line to iron my clohtes, I rather be wrinkled :)

Rum works wonders for wrinkles. If you look at your stuff and it is wrinkled have a rum and coke. look again if it is still wrinkled have another rum and coke. keep repeating until said wrinkle do not matter anymore.

Tequila May be used on a cruise to Mexico

Rum works wonders for wrinkles. If you look at your stuff and it is wrinkled have a rum and coke. look again if it is still wrinkled have another rum and coke. keep repeating until said wrinkle do not matter anymore.

Tequila May be used on a cruise to Mexico

LMAO! I love this philosophy!

Most of the Carnival ships I've been on recently have laundry rooms with ironing boards and irons. I will take a small travel iron if I find that the ship I'll be on doesn't have a laundry room. Of course you could always have the cabin steward get it pressed for you for a small charge.

I guess you are not supposed to, but I always bring one along...the downey wrinkle stuff doesn't work....

Lee

You do realize that you are putting the whole ship at risk for fire don't you? The cabins are not made for the electrical pull that an iron takes. Your cabin steward can and should take your iron. Use the ones on board...I do and it takes only a few minutes to iron things.

Most of the Carnival ships I've been on recently have laundry rooms with ironing boards and irons. I will take a small travel iron if I find that the ship I'll be on doesn't have a laundry room. Of course you could always have the cabin steward get it pressed for you for a small charge.

Once again IRONS ARE NOT ALLOWED! Check the Carnival website. It will be taken if found.

You are lucky on carnival that there even is a laundry room with an iron & board - no self serve laundry at all on celebrity. I packed downy wrinkle release & a steamer, able to make things look decent that got wrinkled while packed. Still, I would not bother with the steamer for sure if I could use their iron instead.

again...you are putting the whole ship at risk for fire. PLEASE DONT TAKE IRONS ON BOARD> IT IS PROHIBITED!!!!!!!

People relax! I've never used my travel iron. Carnival has irons in the laundry rooms and those are the ones I use. Celebrity does not have laundry rooms and even though I took my iron on our last Celebrity cruise I didn't need it...I've finally learned to pack so my clothes don't get wrinkled, but I took my iron just in case. How much electricity can a small travel iron pull!

You know there are probably hundreds of people on every ship using an iron.

I guess you are not supposed to, but I always bring one along...the downey wrinkle stuff doesn't work....

Lee

I've had good luck with the Downy wrinkle releaser. Of course you don't get a crisp, pressed look, but it helps to relax the wrinkles.

People relax! I've never used my travel iron. Carnival has irons in the laundry rooms and those are the ones I use. Celebrity does not have laundry rooms and even though I took my iron on our last Celebrity cruise I didn't need it...I've finally learned to pack so my clothes don't get wrinkled, but I took my iron just in case. How much electricity can a small travel iron pull!

Somehow I doubt that there are that many inconsiderate people onboard at one time. I guess the rules of the cruise lines don't apply to you huh? Sorry, but you are just selfish.

A lot! and if HUNDREDS of people are doing it then that is a huge fire risk!

Has anyone read the Fire Prevention Safety Act of 1974?

It specifically mentions that hotels have to provide ironing boards with their irons in their laundry rooms. Its not so much the irons that frighten me, its the fact people use their irons on beds, tables, chairs, or carpets not really designed with irons in mind....

When a cruise ship cabin or hotel room does not have an ironing board, its against the federal safety law to use an iron without an ironing board....

Not starting to start a war or anything, but I have brought an iron onboard and quickly ironed my clothing before wearing 'em... One time in particular, I forgot the iron and left it out on the dressing table next to the ice bucket. The cabin steward didn't touch it and everything was cool...

I have an Oreck Steamer that I purchased off eBay. I found the Dual Voltage Rowenta Steamers didn't get that hot, and mostly "spit" out warm water. I use the steamer for touchup of formal, dinner clothes. I use the ships laundry room irons for everything else. The irons are free usually during the second seating for dinner and late night.

I have an Oreck Steamer that I purchased off eBay. I found the Dual Voltage Rowenta Steamers didn't get that hot, and mostly "spit" out warm water. I use the steamer for touchup of formal, dinner clothes. I use the ships laundry room irons for everything else. The irons are free usually during the second seating for dinner and late night.

There ya go...very viable alternatives!

Wow...I get flamed and haven't even used my iron...go after the people who say they have used theirs. I even said in my reply I've never used it, but take it on ships I know don't have laundry rooms. BTW...the irons in the laundry rooms are always left on when I use them.

Wow...I get flamed and haven't even used my iron...go after the people who say they have used theirs. I even said in my reply I've never used it, but take it on ships I know don't have laundry rooms. BTW...the irons in the laundry rooms are always left on when I use them.

terre,

I, for one, am not flaming anyone. I am just stating that irons are prohibited and dangerous on a cruise ship. Those are the flames that I am trying to avoid. As for the laundry room irons...they are on a timer in a fireproof holder that will prevent fires. The timer shuts the iron off. The irons in the laundry rooms are specially wired so that they don't pull a ton of electricity from the generators. I repeat I am not flaming you, but having seen what fire did to the Star Princess....even though it was not an iron that caused the fire....I don't want that to happen to any other ship. Steamers are a viable alternative. Dry cleaner bags also keep the clothes from wrinkling.

Julie

Has anyone read the Fire Prevention Safety Act of 1974?

It specifically mentions that hotels have to provide ironing boards with their irons in their laundry rooms. Its not so much the irons that frighten me, its the fact people use their irons on beds, tables, chairs, or carpets not really designed with irons in mind....

When a cruise ship cabin or hotel room does not have an ironing board, its against the federal safety law to use an iron without an ironing board....

But does that apply in international waters?:)

Archived