HAL price of shuttle in Liverno

knot knormal

I'm trying to decide whether to take the HAL shuttle and then bus to the Liverno train station or just grab a cab and go the train station. Can anyone tell me what HAL charges for their shuttle (one way or RT).

Thanks

Last year when we cruised the Med I did extensive research on how to get to Florence from Livorno. This is what I learned.

The shuttle gets you to the middle of town, which is not near the train station. The taxis want to take you to Florence and not the train station and charge an exorbitant fee to do so. Getting to the train station independently in Florence and even with the shuttle into town wastes a lot of time. Then you have to do the same in reverse to get back to the ship.

In the interest of time and being able to spend as much time as possible in Florence, we decided to take the HAL transfer to Florence. It was expensive ($92.00 I believe) but in the interest of time, felt it was our best choice. We don't regret doing it. We had a free day to wander around and enjoy the things we wanted to see and then met the tour director for the bus in front of Santa Croce at the appointed time. It was a great day and we had no worries about all the different modes of transportation necessary to get to and return from the train station.

Terri

Last year we took the RCCL shuttle to downtown Liverno, then bus #1 to train station and then train to Florence. However, some of our group just grabbed a taxi at the port and went to the Liverno train station. Either way is very easy and certainly less expensive than the direct shuttle to Florence. However, the RCCL shuttle was pricey and with 4-6 sharing a cab it could be more cost effective. Anyone know the price of the HAL shuttle?

In June we took the train from Rome to Livorno when we missed embarkation due to an airline cancellation. When we arrived at the Livorno train station there were no cabs around to take us to the Noordam. Eventually we would have put our Euros in the pay phone, but an Italian woman saw our plight and got out her cell phone and called the cab company. We were so impressed with her act of hospitality, and very grateful! A cab came almost immediately. A couple came rushing out of the train station up to us and asked if they could share our cab to the Noordam. On the ride to the ship they said shore ex warned that cab service from the train station in Livorno was unreliable. I understand there is a bus, but didn't know it at the time.

In order to maximize your time in Florence, I would pay the money and take the HAL shuttle.

Karen

We did this port in May of this year and took a cab from the ship to the train station. While the cab drivers did want to go all the way to Florence we had no problem getting cabs to go just to the train. The drivers realize they can make 3 to 4 trips easily to the train station and make a nice sum of money. The cost was 20 euro for a cab of four. When we returned at the end of the day there were plenty of cabs waiting to take us to the ship and again it was 20 euro for 4 in the cab.

Brewster

We just returned from the Noordam Western Med. We shared a cab in Livorno to the train. 6 of us for 20Euro. The train had us in Florence in an hour. When we returned to Livorno, there were tons of cabs to return us to the ship. No problem and a whole lot cheaper and faster than using HAL transportation.

Thanks, having done the shuttle-bus-train, and know how to do it, wanted to minimize the time and since we have several groups to catch the taxi at the port, we are set. Still, no one was able to tell me the price of the shuttle - anyone out there that paid for it?

Last year on the Prinsendam cruise, there was no shuttle. The taxis wanted a flat rate of 15 euros to the train station. From the dock it was a two block walk to the bus stop. We took the #1 bus to the station for 1 euro per person. The train station is the last stop and was about 3 miles. Be sure to purchase your ticket at a news stand before boarding. The driver does not take fares and there is a substantial fine if caught without a ticket!

Archived