Fresh Brewed Coffee?

Archie's Mom

We are cruising with both HAL and Princess in 2010. I notice on the Princess threads much discussion and passion about fresh brewed coffee that must be bought with either a coffee card or for $1.25 a cup. Only syrup coffee is free. Having had syrup coffee for a month in Peruvian hotels, I would like to avoid it in the future! Please advise on HAL coffee, especially in the dining room.

On the Eurodam, except for the Explorer's Lounge in the Crow's Nest, all coffee was machine brewed....and pretty good cup of 'joe' at that!

I think you meant the Explorations Cafe...not the Explorer's Lounge (which is a bar)

Yes, the coffee in the Explorations Cafe is freshly brewed, and it tasted like the coffee/cappuccino/espresso in the dining room was, also.

My DW agrees with May4. I think they drank a few together on our last cruise aboard the MS Maasdam. My DW is very fussy about her coffee and says HAL is as good as it gets next to Tim Horton's for you Canadian cruisers and northern USA. Colakid.

We are cruising with both HAL and Princess in 2010. I notice on the Princess threads much discussion and passion about fresh brewed coffee that must be bought with either a coffee card or for $1.25 a cup. Only syrup coffee is free. Having had syrup coffee for a month in Peruvian hotels' date=' I would like to avoid it in the future! Please advise on HAL coffee, especially in the dining room.[/quote']

Really? WOW! That would be a non-starter for me! Princess looks like a wonderful line but I just couldn't do that... Oh well, I see more HAL cruises in my future - not a bad thing!

We are cruising with both HAL and Princess in 2010. I notice on the Princess threads much discussion and passion about fresh brewed coffee that must be bought with either a coffee card or for $1.25 a cup. Only syrup coffee is free. Having had syrup coffee for a month in Peruvian hotels' date=' I would like to avoid it in the future! Please advise on HAL coffee, especially in the dining room.[/quote']

the syrup coffee thay are talking about, is it the stuff that is in a bag then a machine mixes it with water for a "fresh" cup? if so that stuff is junk. So far the best cup off free coffe i have had in on RCCL from the little coffee setups they have in areas my the winjamer. Bad coffee is a deal breaker to me:D

the syrup coffee thay are talking about, is it the stuff that is in a bag then a machine mixes it with water for a "fresh" cup? if so that stuff is junk. So far the best cup off free coffe i have had in on RCCL from the little coffee setups they have in areas my the winjamer. Bad coffee is a deal breaker to me:D

Again, you can learn so much from Cruise Critic. I had no idea about "syrup coffee." Can't imagine it and don't ever want to try it. I'll have to remember this piece of information in case I'm ever tempted to try Princess.

My DW agrees with May4. I think they drank a few together on our last cruise aboard the MS Maasdam. My DW is very fussy about her coffee and says HAL is as good as it gets next to Tim Horton's for you Canadian cruisers and northern USA. Colakid.

ah i do like tim hortons but not too picky, on a princess cruise last time i was up before the waiters. I used to clean out the lines for them. Just so i could have coffee. Generally i got up at 5:15 coffee ready to go at 5:30. sometimes it took 5 minutes to flush the lines.

There would be regulars that would show up,and would have to tell them which machine to go to, that was ready.

:mad: and i never got a tip

I actually thought of trying Princess recently, UNTIL I read about their coffee...

Please forgive me, HAL! I have reformed my thinking. I don't know what got into me! :o

I haven't been on Hal yet, will be in a few days, U just need to learn to adapt. them to you.

If you like your food hot, you order something that isn't on the menu.

if on the buffet the eggs are cold you order an omette plain, it will be fresh and HOT the egg maker will look at you strange tho LOL

Does the Lido od dinning room have flavored creamer or just regular half/half? Not really important just curious?

flavered as in coffee mate? I hope that isn't the case.

I think most cruise lines have cream or milk in those little cups

Archived