Internet price vs brochere price

MarieAtSea

I am looking up prices on different webs sites...so far, they all show their price and how much savings it is over the brochere price....but I see the internet sites are exaggerated and their "savings" is pretty close to the book. Is this common or am I missing something?

I want to go on the Carribean Princess 1/3/10

thanks!

If you find a good discount TA (not necessairly one that advertises their prices on the internet), they should be able to save you at minimum 10% off the best Princess price, and it can range anywhere from 10-20% less than the price you can get through Princess depending on the sailing date, and category you book. Plus many also offer shipboard credit in the deal. ;) Happy Hunting!

I am looking up prices on different webs sites...so far, they all show their price and how much savings it is over the brochere price....but I see the internet sites are exaggerated and their "savings" is pretty close to the book. Is this common or am I missing something?
As Toto and Paul have said, a good TA (whether "brick & mortar" or an online TA) will ALWAYS have a better price than Princess.com or their brochures. Keep checking and find a TA with a price you're willing to pay. When bookings open for a cruise, good TAs reserve a block of cabins at a group rate that they then offer to their clients. When comparing prices, always read the fine print, check for cancellation or change fees, and make sure the quotes include government fees, port charges, insurance or no insurance, whichever is your preference although a good TA will usually recommend insurance, etc.

There's not that much difference in pricing nowadays between Princess and TA's but the fine print "gotchas" can really add up between heavily discounted online agents and full service agents that can make changes and refare without extra charges. If you are confident of your sailing date, ship, cabin, etc., then go for it. If your plans could change and you need to make changes go with a TA that has a live person on the line that can make changes without additional fees.

There's not that much difference in pricing nowadays between Princess and TA's but the fine print "gotchas" can really add up between heavily discounted online agents and full service agents that can make changes and refare without extra charges.
I beg to differ. A good online TA, even one without full service, will offer a heavy discount without any of the "gotchas." Plus, you can call and speak to a live person. What's not to like about that? I kind of like saving hundreds of $$$.

I beg to differ. A good online TA, even one without full service, will offer a heavy discount without any of the "gotchas." Plus, you can call and speak to a live person. What's not to like about that? I kind of like saving hundreds of $$$.

Not sure if Pam and I use the same TA or not, but I feel exactly the way she does.

We save a bunch with our TA, she is always avialable and doesn't charge all those 'gotcha fees' that some of the big online agencies do. I too really enjoy saving hundreds, and I will add sometimes hundreds and hundreds, booking with a good discount TA that also delivers the service I am looking for. There are large savings out there when finding the right TA. I have never booked direct through the cruise line as I can't see paying more for the same ship, same sailing and same stateroom. ;)

Not sure if Pam and I use the same TA or not, but I feel exactly the way she does.

...I have never booked direct through the cruise line as I can't see paying more for the same ship, same sailing and same stateroom. ;)

We used to but don't now, I believe.

A good online TA will not only give you great discounts but will also give you perks as well, including OBC, specialty restaurant dinner, bottles of wine, etc. (not all together.)

Well, I booked our latest cruise yesterday with a US online TA. Princess price AU$7250 their price AU$3800 (includes taxes and port fees) $100 deposit and $60 OBC with a bottle of wine thrown in for good measure. How good is that? Spoke to a human too for 38 minutes on the phone from Australia to US on toll free number. You can't get any better than that....... :D

P.S. I forgot to say that was for a 23 day cruise in a mini-suite.

I want to go on the Carribean Princess 1/3/10

thanks!

Marie,

I would agree with the posts about using a TA generally, but depending on the cabin category you want, you can get a better price at times from the cruise line. I typically book an inside cabin, and have booked most of my cruises through princess.com because I got the best price there - and I looked at quite a few online TA's and even called a couple of local shops.

It's always best to research all of your options, then pick the best.

Mike

Archived