My Time Dining for Party of 12- Serenade of the Seas

marys350

Hi,

I have a party of 12 and we have signed up for My Time Dining on Serenade of the Seas on a cruise in April. My understanding is that groups of up to 20 can do My Time Dining. We want to eat as a group nightly (prefer table of 12, or 2 tables of 6 if needed) and probably want to pick a specific time for the entire week (possibly around 7:00). Has anybody had experience with a large group for MTD and did you have any problems getting reservations for a time that you wanted? Also does anybody know if you can actually make a specific request before the cruise or if you need to see the Maitre D' as soon as possible after you board the ship? Thanks for your help.

Mary

As long as you are reserving times in advance, you shouldn't have a problem...surely, a time within 15 mins. of your preferred seating will be ok...after all, you're on vacation, right? Because you are a large group, making a "standing reservation" is a good idea.

Hi,

I have a party of 12 and we have signed up for My Time Dining on Serenade of the Seas on a cruise in April. My understanding is that groups of up to 20 can do My Time Dining. We want to eat as a group nightly (prefer table of 12, or 2 tables of 6 if needed) and probably want to pick a specific time for the entire week (possibly around 7:00). Has anybody had experience with a large group for MTD and did you have any problems getting reservations for a time that you wanted? Also does anybody know if you can actually make a specific request before the cruise or if you need to see the Maitre D' as soon as possible after you board the ship? Thanks for your help.

Mary

We did MTD on the Serenade in May of this year. I would make a standing reservation as soon as you get on the ship. The MTD area was not really large on our cruise. It was on the upper level on the starboard side (I think). It was all along the windows. We had regular dining people seated across from us near the railing over looking the lower dining area. Our waiter was Kevin.... he did an excellent job for us. The largest table I saw in the area was one for 8. We chose 7PM to eat each night and loved it as it was in between dining times and seemed a little less noisy.

Thank you to both of you for your comments, experiences, and suggestions regarding My Time Dining for large parties on Serenade of the Seas. This will be my first time trying My Time Dining and I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to eat at a time other than the traditional first or second seatings. When we originally booked the cruise only Traditional Dining was available, but we switched to My Time Dining. We very much enjoy eating together as a group and I was a little reluctant to change at first in case it would make it more challenging to be able to get a table for 12 at a good time (any time between 6:45-7:15), so that we will still be able to see the shows. I know that certain times must be in high demand. Looking forward to hearing from others who've experienced My Time Dining on Serenade of the Seas.

Thanks again,

Mary

Archived