Daily tours from Haifa/Ashdod

v-bergen

Does anybody know which tour companies offer daily tours from Ashdod & Haifa. I am on the Vision of the Sea’s on Oct 9th and can’t get enough people together for a private tour. I am hopping there is a tour company that offers daily tours that I can join. I think Bein Harim offers this service but I have heard mixed reviews on this company. Are there any others that somebody could recommend?

We've just returned from a cruise on celebrity equinox. We've done Jerusalem & Bethlehem tour with Bein Harim, then overnight stay in Jerusalem and the next day Caesarea, Haifa, Acre and Rosh Hanikra tour. The group was relatively small - aprox. 12 people. It was all very well organized and they guide was real professional. The only drawback is a early pick up in Jerusalem - 6 AM, but it's really insignificant.

• 1 month later...
Thank-you so much. Guided tours Isreal contacted me an I think we are going to go with them. They were very fast with all my questions and seem to do a lot in one day. I hope it works out. I will let everybody know when I get back

Hello, I would be interested to know how your tours with Guided tours Israel went. We are visiting the area in October next year onboard the Celebrity Equinox and their website looks interesting. Thanks!

We recently used Abboud for tours from Haifa. I know he also does tours originating in Ashdod too, as well as taxi service from Haifa to Tel Aviv for airport dropoffs. His website is abboudtours.com He was recommended to us by the Princess ship's agent in Haifa.

He is a good man. It is a small tour company, but he was very reliable and knowledgeable. I do not hesitate to recommend him, and I can not say that about most tour companies, small or large. He made an unplanned emergency stay in Haifa much more bearable. Honest.

v-bergen,

Glad to hear your tour was great! We are going to Israel on the RCI cruise next October and I had some specific questions about Guided Tours Israel. What was the size of the group you went with? Did you organize it all through this site or did you go on a private tour? How much did you pay? Were they helpful in forming an iteniery? I am a first-time cruiser and don't know much about the excursions, and its' very intimidating! Did you go on the two-day overnight tour or the one-day tour?

Thanks!

v-bergen,

Glad to hear your tour was great! We are going to Israel on the RCI cruise next October and I had some specific questions about Guided Tours Israel. What was the size of the group you went with? Did you organize it all through this site or did you go on a private tour? How much did you pay? Were they helpful in forming an iteniery? I am a first-time cruiser and don't know much about the excursions, and its' very intimidating! Did you go on the two-day overnight tour or the one-day tour?

Thanks!

We are anxious to read your answers as we are booked on Princess in July 2010 to the Holy Land. Thanks for ALL of your insights!

MSK1

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I just returned from 2 wonderful weeks on the Equinox! We used Guided Tours Israel for a fantastic tour of Haifa and northern Israel. Alon is a pleasure to deal with; very professional and accommodating. (If you contact him, tell him Claire says "Hello.") We had a group of 8 in a comfortable van, and he tailored the itinerary to include as many of the sights we wanted to see in the time available. It was a memorable day!

Enjoy!

Claire

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have to let the cruise ship know that you will be leaving the ship in Asdod and overnighting in Israel? We intend to stay in Jerusalem and then return to the ship in Haifa.

Has anyone done this with Celebrity?

When the ship is doing overnight in a port the passergers list is usually checked before sailing only.

Since the ship is leaving Haifa and sailing to Asdod I think that it is a good idea to inform them. In any case you can ask the ship staff....

v-bergen-I am seriously considering booking with guided tours in israel but just have one question. When they talk about putting together a private tour, do they put people together,or is it up to you to find people to do this? I am pleasantly surprised at their price-very reasonable.

Any other info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. WE are looking at booking the Christian tours for both Haifa and Ashdod. Thanks, Shelly

v-bergen-I am seriously considering booking with guided tours in israel but just have one question. When they talk about putting together a private tour, do they put people together,or is it up to you to find people to do this? I am pleasantly surprised at their price-very reasonable.

Any other info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. WE are looking at booking the Christian tours for both Haifa and Ashdod. Thanks, Shelly

I think you should ask them that question. Some time the group is put together by the agency and some times by the clients. In the first case you must check what is the max number of people planed to be on the tour to make sure that it will be truely a private tour!

Archived