sept 2010 and only Guarantee open?

mina

I want to book a VA aft on the sept 27 2010 Oosterdam repositioning cruise -- but only guarantees are available in ALL categories! Is that because the cruise is too far out or is it do to popularity of the cruise? Suggestions? Should I wait till later in the year to book?

yes VA guarantee is available --but you can not book any specific cabin on the entire ship -- and I want to select a specific cabin -- you can only book a guarantee in all categories-- which is very strange to me this far out.

Funny- when I checked the first time it showed all categories available without guarantee. Then I check again and it showed only guarantees available. Maybe they are keeping the category open to specific room booking for the 12 night cruise only. Then they will assign cabins for the shorter repositioning cruise.

Is it possible that they are not allowing specific cabin bookings on this five day cruise because there is a ONE NIGHTER right before that goes from seatlle to vancouver and they assume people will book both ? The one nighter allows you to select a specific cabin. We don't want to do the one nighter as it would be almost 600 for the two of us -- instead we want to take the train from seattle to vancouver -- much less epxensive and something we have not done before.

Not sure who you are booking through. I'm up on the HAL site working another issue and just checked your cruise. I can book specific cabins not just guarantees. I also, because I was looking at another cruise for my wife and I, checked another provider and they also had specific cabins on that cruise.

I think they are booking specific rooms for the 12 night cruise only. This way room is booked for all 12 days instead of just 5. After they book enough 12 day cruises they will fill the rest of the rooms with the 5 day guarantees. The 1 day cruise wouldn't impact the rooms. The 7 day cruise leaving Oct 2 makes up the rest of the cruise. That shows full availability also. Just the 5 day part is a guarantee.

Archived