Reviews On the Sun

mystichill

Have never sailed on NCL. Have enjoyed Princess. Celebrity. RCCL.

The sun is offering a great deal on an 11 day cruise out of SFO.

Any thoughts? I am not looking for anything fancy. Just a good time, good food, and happy employee's.

If you can share your experience on board positive/negative I would appreciate it. My husband and I are in our 40's.

Thank you

Have never sailed on NCL. Have enjoyed Princess. Celebrity. RCCL.

The sun is offering a great deal on an 11 day cruise out of SFO.

Any thoughts? I am not looking for anything fancy. Just a good time, good food, and happy employee's.

If you can share your experience on board positive/negative I would appreciate it. My husband and I are in our 40's.

Thank you

Might want to consult some of the 436 reviews of the Sun in the Member Cruise Reviews section of the Cruise Critic boards. Don't overly rely on any one review, positive or negative. If you read, say, a dozen or so, it should give you some feel for how past passengers think of the shop.

I've sailed the Sun 2 times and loved it! We enjoyed the food in MDR and I think that NCL ships have the friendliest and happiest crew of all the lines I've cruised..that's why I cruise with them so much. The sun is clean, friendly and happy and there are lots of fun places to hang out for quiet reading or having fun at the Tapas bar.

Happy sails:)

Just got off the Sun today and loved the ship. The crew was sooooooooo friendly and always had a smile on their face. Never before have so many crews members knew me and addressed my by my first name everytime. The CD was the funniest person. The captain was personable and very approacable. You will love the ship, the crew, the MDR and all the venues. Of all my short time cruising (only 4 under my belt), this was my favorite by far.

Nancy

I was on the Sun last week and, while we had a great time, this was my least favorite ship. It's dreary and dated, with miserable food in the main dining rooms. The alternative restaurants were great. The ship is clean, but needs some updating. Service was very hit -or-miss.

I think FLAHAM was right in telling you to check all of critiques in the review section. As you can see just by reading the few responses to your question, everyone will have a differing opinion. LOL =) If you pick an itinerary that really appeals to you, I think you'll enjoy the cruise.

Michael

We did the 11 night out of San Francisco last October on the Sun. It was our first NCL experience after sailing with Disney & Princess. We found it to be a wonderful cruise -- both the ship & the itinerary. The biggest complaint I had was there are some areas of the ship that are hard to access without going up or down to another deck. The layout of some areas was just confusing. The staff was wonderful and always had a smile and a greeting. The food in the MDR was fine (not the best I've ever had but no real complaints). Our favorite pay restaurants were Le Bistro & Il Adagio. The shows were excellent and we had a wonderful time. We also found the ship to be very clean.

I think if you go on a cruise looking for the bad things you will find something. Our choice is to always go looking for the good and so far we've always found it. We enjoyed our NCL cruise so much that we booked another and are anxiously awaiting it at the end of October.

I was on the Sun in Feb 2009. I especially loved our aft AC cabin, which was incredible. I loved Il Adagio, the Great Outdoors and the wonderful crew. I loved that it was a bit smaller and easier to navigate. Having to go up or down to get through only gave me a chance to walk more stairs so I could justify the creme brulee and chocolate fondue.

We have been on the NCL two times. Once to Alaska about 5 years ago and then recently in December to South America. Both times were great.

We had a balcony on the last 14 day cruise and sailed from Buenas Aires, Argentina to Santiago, Chile. Best cruise ever and it was our first balcony.

Now we are so spoilt that I don't think I could go back to an inside room.

It is a midsize ship and not too many people. We like NCL their prices are good for what you get and their coffee is real coffee, not syrup.

Any questions, just ask.

Archived