When can I book my excursions?

jojo67

Hi,

We are off on our first Thomson cruise next July & wondered when we could book any excursions. Is this something they send out prior to the cruise, with our tickets for example, or can it only be done once you are on board?

Many thanks

You are not able to book excursions until you get on board....the details of all excursions and booking form will be in your cabin when you board...you can find details of them and the cost on the Thomson website under 'ports of call' so my advice would be to have a look there and make a list of which ones you would like to do ...then as soon as you get on board fill out the form and drop it into the box which you will find on the excursion desk...we have always been able to do whatever trip we chose so assume Thomson book transport for however many people want to go!!

Hope this helps!!

Did someone post on here recently that they had heard Thomson may be going into on-line booking options for excursions in the near future? Or am I completely imagining this? :confused: If so, has anyone any more info or when it may become available?

But in the meantime, Carol and jennywren are right and have given you good advice.

Enjoy the planning for your first cruise, jojo - it's all part of the fun. I'm sure if you like friendly and welcoming situations you will love Thomson ships. Glitzy, they're not but, for us, more than make up for it by making us feel so at home and comfortable (with excellent entertainment and service thrown in) and we just love it! Roll on the next one! :D

On line excursion bookings?

Aaargh!

Imagine the chaos, you arrive on board to find they know nothing about your pre-books and the ones you want are fully booked.

No Sir, you can't change your mind or this will incur an admin fee.

They can't even manage to get the tickets to some people before they travel.

They do not have a good track record for admin stuff.

If it aint broke don't fix it.

Dave

I think you will find that is all of them....but of course they may add one or two!!!! But it will give you a good idea of what will be available and then you can check on the list in your cabin on arrival. Of course it will be the Dreams first season so there may be some new ones... I'm not sure what the itineraries are yet.

We'll be visiting Syria in March and I'm not sure they have anything listed for there yet...best to keep checking I suppose.

Is the list of excursions shown under the 'ports of call' section a comprehensive list or will I find others included when I pick up my schedule on-board?

No, a notable omission is Safaga in Egypt where you spend 2 days. This is the base for excursions to Luxor etc so it really should be there. There may be a download of Red Sea Magic destinations somewhere on the Thomson site which IIRC includes the port.

Dave

Hi there Dave....just been into 'ports of call' on Thomson website and discovered that if you click the box that shows 'summer 2009' and put in Winter 2009 it shows Safaga and also the Syria port Latakia that we will be visiting!!!!!

Never noticed that box before!! must be an age thing!!

Archived