Southern Caribbean Shore Excursions?

uneamie

It is a daunting search to try and find people who have done "NCL" excursions for the Caribbean cruise itinerary without having to click on several hundred post and still not really find what you are looking for. So I figured I post my question here.

My question is: NCL has a "winter itinerary" out of NYC for Jan and Feb for a 10 day cruise to the Caribbean ....we are booked on the Gem.

Ports are: San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, St Maartin, and Tortola.

Would like to know some of your best excursions that you experienced in these ports that your booked with NCL. I would love to book outside of NCL...but hubby is not willing to risk missing the ship...............so

What were your favorite excursions and why? We were thinking of the ATV for San Juan ...but not sure about the other ports. Thanks!

It is a daunting search to try and find people who have done "NCL" excursions for the Caribbean cruise itinerary without having to click on several hundred post and still not really find what you are looking for. So I figured I post my question here.

My question is: NCL has a "winter itinerary" out of NYC for Jan and Feb for a 10 day cruise to the Caribbean ....we are booked on the Gem.

Ports are: San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, St Maartin, and Tortola.

Would like to know some of your best excursions that you experienced in these ports that your booked with NCL. I would love to book outside of NCL...but hubby is not willing to risk missing the ship...............so

What were your favorite excursions and why? We were thinking of the ATV for San Juan ...but not sure about the other ports. Thanks!

I think a visit to the Baths at Virgin Gorda for the Tortola stop is a "must see". It's beautiful! NCL offers 2 excursions, one that arrives by boat and another that is a boat to Virgin Gorda and then an open air bus to the Baths, which we preferred.

I think a visit to the Baths at Virgin Gorda for the Tortola stop is a "must see". It's beautiful! NCL offers 2 excursions, one that arrives by boat and another that is a boat to Virgin Gorda and then an open air bus to the Baths, which we preferred.

I agree....we did that one on our last cruise. It was a really nice excursion. While we won't be doing it again....thanks for reminding me of our "wonderful time" there. It was beautiful. ;)

We've read excellent things about the Prickly Pear Island snorkeling excursion at Antigua. So we've booked that. Won't have done it until January, but it sounds great!

Great...I will add that to my little list here and check it out. Thanks for your input. :)

Love Orient Beach in St Martin. We are taking the ships tour to St Johns when we get to St Thomas. Feel safer than doing on our own due to various transportations needed. Usually get to San Juan at night so limits what you can do.

For those among you who are adventurous, go to Orient Beach on the French side of St. Martin. Be forewarned that it is a clothing optional beach. Going there once was enough for me, but the once was an interesting experience to say the least.

We will be on the 1/24/10 sailing. Will be leaving from the Atlantic City area. What is the earliest one can board the ship?

Hi,

We will be on the GEM on the same cruise as you are. We always seem to arrive at the pier about 9:30 AM and the first to get on the ship usually get on around noon. The cabins aren't typically ready at that time so we take our carryons with us to one of the main restaurants that is open and serving lunch.

Stop over to the GEM roll calls and chat with others who will be on the ship with you.... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=862876

Margaret :)

Archived