Choice Air -- Just Wondering

dbk64

Thanks for the responses, I might have to check it out. We are not sailing until Sept 2010, but I like to be prepared. We have always booked on our own, but I may give it a try just to see what kind of prices I can get.

I just inquired about Choice Air. You do book your own air but through the Choice Air site http://www.cruisingpower.com/protected/choiceair/releaseAllReservations.do It looks to be the same as booking on your own with a few advantages. http://www.cruisingpower.com/protected/choiceair/aboutChoiceAir.do I may just try it as I have been checking prices over the last few months and will see how the prices compare.

**I just now compared the price for the exact same flights and it was the same plus a $15 service fee.

Is there an advantage in booking with Choice Air? If we book through Choice Air and the flight is delayed, we miss our ship. will RC pay for us to catch up with the ship?

Annieeee

From the Choice Air link:

FAQ - If we purchase ChoiceAir and miss the flight, will you refund our Air or Re-accommodate us?

We will not refund airline tickets due to a missed flight. While we will work with our guests and airline partners, any additional costs will be the responsibility of the guest. Tickets are subject to the airlines rules and penalties.

I'm not sure there are any advantages unless you find a lower fare like dirtgirl did.

• 3 months later...

I just booked a flight on ChoiceAir.

We are cruising from Barcelona to Venice so I needed multicity airfare.

I found a very good price on ChoiceAir, about $200 cheaper than I could find anywhere else.

$768 from Washington DC to Barcelona and back from Venice to Washington DC.

They use consolidators so sometimes you can find a very good ticket.

The search engine is not as good as on the major online sites (e.g. expedia, etc.).

So it pays to try different preferred departure times, alternate airports, etc.

I didn't find my good price until a tried different departure times and then the great deal popped up and I booked it.

At the time of booking I couldn't put in seat selections via the ChoiceAir interface. There is a way to do it, but it wasn't enabled for my flight.

After completing the booking, I went over to the airline site (Delta.com) and entered my booking number.

It showed up immediately and I completed seat selections and entered other contact information on their website.

In this case ChoiceAir was a great choice. But it took some looking to find the deal.

Choise Air does not cover you if you miss your flight (slept in) it does protect you if your flight is delayed or cancelled. I always use them if I have to fly in the same day as embarktation, as if there is a delay they will pay for a different flight (had happened 2 times to me) or if needed they will pay for a hotel and flight to the first port. (Has happened once.)

Sometimes my schedule does not allow me to get there a day early.

I find the flight prices very competitve and the web booking site has come a long way in the past year!

Danielle

Archived