Carnival Freedom 8 Day Eastern Review

findingnemoks

I am enjoying your review. I am on the Freedom in 20 days (8 day Western Route). I loved that you "Took Out" two ladies to get to your prize! We had Wee Jimmy on our Victory cruise in March, but didn't pay a lot of attention to him since we were so busy on the cruise. Does he do the morning show on the big screen on the Lido deck? I liked that on the Valor last year. Also, I didn't realize that the Freedom now had the Tandor section. Did it also have the new burrito bar?

TiggerMan101!! You are a lucky tigger for having five upcoming cruises!! I'm so jealous!!

Great review. Just as an FYI with The Baths. You can go there and not go through the rocks. DH and I went last year on the Miracle and we stayed at the first beach that we were brought to along with a bunch of other folks. I have a bad back and would not have been able to crawl through the boulders. It is a beautiful spot and well worth the trip

Here is a link to the start of our pictures from there.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2280466450048107033NPajtK

Here is my favorite picture. It looks like a postcard

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2761900370048107033cFYgkl

Thanks for all of your work putting this review together...especially with pictures! We did the western 8 day in July and loved the itinerary AND the ship. I am starting to plan our next cruise and the 8 day Eastern is in the list of possibilities. I have never been to any of these ports which is a plus...but just don't like the idea of having a port on the last day of the cruise. I would rather have a relaxing sea day. (Loved the 4 sea days on our cruise!)

Did they have free drinks at the Captain's party on the first elegant night?...or did have they changed to the "Farewell Party" on the last night?

Thanks for the info about the Baths-that picture is amazing! We should've done that!

We stayed in cabin 8425-very convenient for getting to the adults only pool! We were right by the stairs and you go up and you're there!

We didn't do the captain's dinner (overslept) or the returning cruiser's reception (napping) (don't recall names of either).

The bag I received as a gift came with the gym bag (with lots of compartments!) a sports bottle and a wash cloth/sweat rag that had a clip on that you could attach to the bag (so when you're working out, you can have it handy)

I'm happy to answer any additional questions! We had a phenomenal time!

We didn't have plans for Tortola. Even though I had won the excursions to the Baths, we decided not to do it because we were told how tight some of the spaces can be while exploring.

There is a beach that you can use without visiting/climbing through the caves. The spaces really aren't that tight though.

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! Dh and I did this cruise in Aug but we missed Antigua bc of tropical storm Anna.

What a great review! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! We'll be on the Freedom in 17 days on the Western side! (Along with Tiggerman and AMC Jeep) We all met on our roll call and are all looking forward to meeting each other... My question is you said that at your Meet and Greet it was Open Bar. Did you guys pay a certain amount each to have that, or did they give you like an hour of free drinks? And if that was the case, do you know how that was set up?

• 1 month later...

Love the review and the pic. My husband, myself and a group of family and friends will be taking the same cruise in August, I can't wait. O and that drink :Mimi Vice" one of my favorites and pretty to:)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived