Elevator Incident on Rhapsody of the Seas

Gablin

<<<FLAME SHIELD AT 5% FAILURE IMMINENT>>>

The person who said elevators are totally safe and cannot fail - do some searches. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ster-begins.do

Great article, no one died because obviously the safety mechanisms worked.

Plus this article references a lift. We are talking about elevators here. Elevators are clearly superior in safety performance.

Plus this article references a lift. We are talking about elevators here. Elevators are clearly superior in safety performance.
:confused: :confused: A lift in the UK is the same thing as an elevator to an American. Are you saying American elevators have superior safety performance to UK elevators (lifts)?

EDITED TO ADD: Where to Nassau registered ship elevators fall in the safety performance ratings?

Are you saying American elevators have superior safety performance to UK elevators (lifts)?
Sheesh can't you take a joke?

EDITED TO ADD: Where to Nassau registered ship elevators fall in the safety performance ratings?

All ships that carry US passengers from US ports regardless of flag are inspected quarterly by the US Coast Guard.

<<<FLAME SHIELD AT 5% FAILURE IMMINENT>>>

Great article, no one died because obviously the safety mechanisms worked.

Now I remember why I love CruiseCritic.:D .

Lifts and elevators are exactly the same thing according to Otis.

The safety mechanisms worked so people were just taken to hospital with broken limbs but didn't die? The safety mechanisms obviously didn't work - obvious to me at any rate. If this is what is called working safety mechanisms, elevators/lifts are obviously very dangerous machines.

I now consider myself lucky to have got out of the elevator without broken legs and arms - thanks:)

Now, back to the subject (with great difficulty:D) - had I broken a leg, would RCCL have sent me some choccie strawsb? ROTFL.

Unlike jc, I just loved this thread.

The safety mechanisms worked so people were just taken to hospital with broken limbs but didn't die? The safety mechanisms obviously didn't work - obvious to me at any rate. If this is what is called working safety mechanisms, elevators/lifts are obviously very dangerous machines.

I now consider myself lucky to have got out of the elevator without broken legs and arms - thanks:)

Now, back to the subject (with great difficulty:D) - had I broken a leg, would RCCL have sent me some choccie strawsb? ROTFL.

Agreed. What is wrong with this thread? There is actually another thread alluding to, criticizing and even linking this thread. Ha! Too funny. And especially when some of the same holier than thou folks criticize this thread and then are compelled to post here anyway. Are they then criticizing themselves?

Colleen

Sorry I thought I would interject some humor. Go back and look at the "last edited" line of that post

If this is what is called working safety mechanisms, elevators/lifts are obviously very dangerous machines.

So given the option you would rather plunge 100ft in a freefall or suffer a broken leg?

had I broken a leg, would RCCL have sent me some choccie strawsb?

Hmmm depends, what category were you booked in? :D:D:D

me too its been fun

I think not. The choccie strawsb could be bad for you.

What if you were lactose intolerant (from the milk chocolate) or,:D

What if you were allergic to peanuts (and the chocolate was made in a plant that also handled peanuts)or,:D

What if you were diabetic (and the sweets caused an unsafe rise in blood sugar levels) or,:D

What if the chocolate had high fructrose corn syrup in it?:D

But than again, if they were really concerned, maybe the could have charged you for the elevator extraction, therefore lightening your wallet and that might help prevent back injuries from carrying excess money.

Maybe the strawberries for a leg. You might have to add in an arm to get the chocolate on them.:D

Don't mind J.C. He often times looses sight of the entertainment value of a thread.;)

I think not. The choccie strawsb could be bad for you.

What if you were lactose intolerant (from the milk chocolate) or,:D

What if you were allergic to peanuts (and the chocolate was made in a plant that also handled peanuts)or,:D

What if you were diabetic (and the sweets caused an unsafe rise in blood sugar levels) or,:D

What if the chocolate had high fructrose corn syrup in it?:D

Here we go. Once again no sense of taking personal responsibility for oneself. If one has those issues and doesn't have the self control to stay away from those foods then one has no business taking a cruise in the first place. So the issues of getting stuck in the ship's elevator, its possible affects on one's body, and appropriate compensation, become quite moot.:D:D

Maybe the strawberries for a leg. You might have to add in an arm to get the chocolate on them.:D

Don't mind J.C. He often times looses sight of the entertainment value of a thread.;)

Plus, I like to leave breadcrumbs for my fan club.

Some call them stalkers, I much prefer fans, as it helps me sleep at night. ;)

jc

<<<ENABLING FLAME DEFLECTION SHIELDING>>>

<<<SHIELDING TO MAXIMUM OUTPUT- REROUTE POWER IF NECESSARY>>>

Yogi, I don't necessarily agree with you, but how can I get one of these shields. I'm singed around the edges from several prior posts and don't want to become medium rare with this one.

I believe the real issue here is the ships safety protocol. Any instance of this nature should require a safety review or follow-up. The Safety Officer in any US company would have to interview everyone involved including the OP. I don't think this officer was even informed by the staff involved, by the sounds of it. If he was, then why didn't he/she talk to the OP to get the facts of the incident for his report. This would have been a serious breach of policy at any of the factories that I worked at in the paper industry.

And then the courtesy of expressing ones regret that the unfortunate happenstance even occured should kick-in. At least by any reputable organization!

I love cruising Royal, but this was completely mishandled.

I know this thread has gone somewhat from serious to comical, but I thought this point needed to be made, if not already done. Haven't read all posts yet.

Agreed. What is wrong with this thread? There is actually another thread alluding to, criticizing and even linking this thread. Ha! Too funny. And especially when some of the same holier than thou folks criticize this thread and then are compelled to post here anyway. Are they then criticizing themselves?

Colleen

Colleen - may I have a link to this thread please? I have missed something - so very upset:eek:

Could be double double fun.

Plus, I like to leave breadcrumbs for my fan club.

Some call them stalkers, I much prefer fans, as it helps me sleep at night. ;)

jc

If the food you eat is any where near as valuable as the coffee and wine that you drink, then there is probably quite a line of followers grabbing up those crumbs.....:p

Colleen - may I have a link to this thread please? I have missed something - so very upset:eek:

Could be double double fun.

BMT,

Although I have been a Member here for some years now and have learned many things, providing a link is not one of them. I am afraid I am still a bit of a neophyte when it comes to computer technology.

So I will point it out the old fashioned way. The thread is titled "Warning! Royal Caribbean" and it has a Thumbs Down as a lead in.

It is on the front page for now. Starts off as a feel good, I loved my cruise, why are people so negative on CC, why can't everyone be positive like us, yadda, yadda, yadda and then jumps right into putting us down here on this thread. The usual stuff. LOL!

Colleen

Yogi, I don't necessarily agree with you, but how can I get one of these shields. I'm singed around the edges from several prior posts and don't want to become medium rare with this one.

I would give you mine but it burned out on this thread. Try here for a less elegant solution: http://www.dawginc.com/industrial-safety-products/fire-flame-retardant-suit.php

Any instance of this nature should require a safety review or follow-up.
What I didn't mention is I have been a Safety Director for various companies over the past 15 years. I am entirely in agreement with you. It is imperative to document document document. I would have insisted she see the ship doc, chocolate or not. I also would make sure she knew the incident was logged, the appropriate people interviewed, and repair/maint. follow up.

If she would sign the incident log for me, then maybe I would have offered her some petit fours or something.

BMT,

Although I have been a Member here for some years now and have learned many things, providing a link is not one of them. I am afraid I am still a bit of a neophyte when it comes to computer technology.

So I will point it out the old fashioned way. The thread is titled "Warning! Royal Caribbean" and it has a Thumbs Down as a lead in.

It is on the front page for now. Starts off as a feel good, I loved my cruise, why are people so negative on CC, why can't everyone be positive like us, yadda, yadda, yadda and then jumps right into putting us down here on this thread. The usual stuff. LOL!

Colleen

Thanks - will have a look - not good on the ol' 'puter myself. I found that if I highlighted the address at the top - http thingy - and then pressed edit and copy I could then press paste and it appears:eek: Clever stuff all this. Never got the hang of multiple quotes on here though.:p

Hi Colleen,

OK - back - just found it. Bit blah really - but I hadn't realised that this thread has had almost 10,000 hits. Hilarious really.

Some people are just too goody two shoes aren't they?

How interesting that a thread called Elevator Incident attracts so many views - obviously, everyone's worst nightmare (or one of). Anyway, makes a change from jeans in the Dining Room.

Some people just take everything too seriously.

We were on a Cruise from Hell recently and thoroughly enjoyed it overall - however, some passengers mutinied - and the mutiny itself was one of the best entertainments on board

Very well written.

... and then the greed factor entered into the story.

I feel sorry for her that she had to go throught that, but your right, she then got greedy and wanted something in return. At a bare minimum she should have gotten a reserved chair or two at the pool....;)

Archived