anyone fly direct air wor to Orl

teach21566

They have very limited service; never flown with them. Looks like they have flights leaving only every three days or so; that could get tricky if there is a problem. You could be stuck someplace quite a while, or have to purchase a new ticket on another airline.

Lengthy discussion about them on tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g54359-i25-k1550822-o40-How_is_service_on_Myrtle_Beach_Direct_Air-Myrtle_Beach_South_Carolina.html

Are you asking for specific information about the airport?

Thanks 6rugrat. I am flying with them next April, Worcester is about 10 mins from my house. The cost for 4 of us to fly was almost $1600 cheaper than anyones else. I have had nightmares on other airlines..AA Continental, Delta, so I am not afraid of the bad reviews. As long as we don't miss our cruise, I will be happy. We are leaving the Thursday before, we sail on Sat, so if anything does go wrong, I am sure I will find an alternative route, even if I have to drive.

Any one else fly with them??

I've never flown them. Actually, I've never even heard of them (I live in Orlando). The Sanford Airport is primarily used for charter flights. Allegiant flies there, but no major/regular airlines use the airport. It is located in Sanford (north of Orlando) which is quite a bit further from Port Canaveral than Orlando International Airport.

Hopefully the flights will work out as planned, but definitely be prepared with back-up plans (drive or pay a lot for last minute tickets on a "regular" airline) in case there are any issues since they have such limited service and have no agreements with other airlines.

Direct Air is a vacation company that charters space on planes operated by other companies. So you won't see planes in their livery.

In the specific case of Direct Air, they seem to cancel flights a week or two prior, leaving customers scrambling to find other transportation. I suspect they cancel when bookings for a certain date are insufficient. Also, they are slow with refunds.

Since they are a charter, the consumer protection is quite different than traditional airlines where things like overbooking, cancelled flights, and complaints are concerned. Just be aware of this and make an educated and informed choice.

Thanks for everyones comments. I and nor should anyone be totally confident with many of the airlines, especially in today's ecnonomy. I am glad I got peoples input and am now educated about direct airs bad repuation with trip advisor, I am ready to make alternative plans if they cancel my air a week or two out.

I am really looking for information from someone that has personally flown out of Worcester Ma with direct air.

Worcester is a small airport, I would like to give it a try, and give the small buisness a chance.

Thanks for everyones comments. I and nor should anyone be totally confident with many of the airlines, especially in today's ecnonomy. I am glad I got peoples input and am now educated about direct airs bad repuation with trip advisor, I am ready to make alternative plans if they cancel my air a week or two out.

You can be rest assured that the $1600 you saved will be pocket change compared to what you'll be spending if Direct Air cancel your plans two weeks beforehand.

I am always wary of booking with airlines that aren't willing to endorse tickets over to other carriers, even the biggies like Southwest and Jetblue.

I am really looking for information from someone that has personally flown out of Worcester Ma with direct air.

Worcester is a small airport, I would like to give it a try, and give the small buisness a chance.

Tripadvisor does not give a bad reputation, many people who actually flew Direct Air posted their negative experiences. I would be very surprised if someone who actually flew Direct Air from Worcester even saw your post; there can't be that many!

Even if they had a great experience, their flights weren't cancelled and everything else went well, you have no idea what your experience will be. Having to purchase alternate flights at the last minute could be quite expensive.

I understand wanting to save money, but I hope you purchased trip insurance that will cover you if there is a problem with your flight.

We are flying from worcester ma to sanford Orlando in April with direct air, anyone else fly with them? What is Sanford airport like??

I know nothing of Direct Air, nor the ORH/Worcester or SFD/Orlando-Sanford airports, however;

WN/Southwest do offer inexpensive, non-stop flights multiple times per day to MCO/Orlando Intl from both PVD/Providence,RI or MHT/Manchester,NH.

What you save by flying in time by flying from ORH-SFD might be offset by the slightly more difficult transfer to Port Canaveral.

I would read any Trip Insurance policy very carefully before purchasing the policy to cover Direct Air. The key issue is that DA is *NOT* an airline. They are a tour company who is offering tours from WOR to Orlando which includes an air component. So again, an extreme amount of due diligence is required compared to flying to a cruise on an airline.

OP- I recommend setting aside the $1600. Just in case DA cancels, you will need the money to buy airline tickets on short notice.

Archived