LIVE From the Freedom of the Seas

We called this gentleman "The Cowboy" because he was from Kansas and dressed as a farmer every day. He smoked a pipe so he spent his time walking Decks 12 and 4 and hanging out with us in Boleros. As nice a guy as you would ever want to meet.

DSCN9590-1.jpg

Art, like food, is subjective! There was art work everywhere on the ship and it is well worth simply exploring and looking. There was a lot that I liked or appreciated, but nothing that I would have bought for our house.

The Giant Stop Lights in the aft Centrum

DSCN9586-1.jpg

Animated (when you turn the crank) wooden figures are in the starboard, aft, hallways near the elevators. Here are two more. Kids would love these!

DSCN9546.jpgDSCN9544.jpg

The model planes in the forward Centrum are best viewed from Deck 11.

DSCN9468.jpg

The Solarium Pool was my favorite place!

DSCN9257.jpg

DSCN9262.jpg

I really like the steps going into the pool. The water was too cold for Carol so I never wasted my time suggesting that she go into the pool.

DSCN9462.jpg

DSCN9463.jpg

Note To RCI - A Solar heater for the Solarium Pool would be nice!

When we bought our new house in Palm coast, FL we had solar heating panels installed the day after we closed. My Brother shot this photo for us because we were back in South Carolina when the work was done. It is about 7:30 am as I write this post. The temperature outside is 82 degrees and the water temperature in our pool is 89 degrees. On a sunny day we can get it up to 95 degrees! Carol loves it! :D

100_1442.jpg

Your pics are great, amazing was waiting in anticipation for them to arrive, the Freedom looks a gorgeous ship, hope you and Carol are settling in to your new home and dont forget to do a Live from the Oasis, when u sails........thanks again for your posts....Karen

It is time to say "Goodbye" and thanks for reading my posts!

Carol and I had a Great Cruise on the Freedom and have booked a Western Caribbean cruise on the Freedom next year.

DSCN9402.jpg

Jim & Carol

Palm Coast, FL

24 RCI Cruise Credits

Lovely photo. Thanks for taking us along on your trip. Very enjoyable. Best wishes to Carol. I, too am a BC survivor.

Thank you so much, Trainman for your wonderful post! I have really enjoyed reading about your cruise and seeing your pictures. You have been very informative. I know it took a lot of time and effort but we all truly appreciate it.

My DH and I will be on the FOS in Feb and can't wait. We are Diamond members but this will be our first cruise on her.

Thanks for the live review Trainman! How thoughtful of you. :) Just like many others, I truly enjoyed reading and seeing what you and Carol were doing day to day.

Shoot, you've saved me some money because it seems like I've been on a cruise but haven't spent a dime! :D

Enjoy your lovely wife, your beautiful home and take care.

Kind regards.

Archived