LIVE From the Freedom of the Seas

Bravo! Bravo! Your review had me hooked from the start! Thank you so much for writing it. :) Your personality shined through your writing - I loved it! And I really, really loved how you seem to adore your wife. :) I'm so glad you had a phenomenal cruise, and I'm hoping ours is as good as yours.

Thanks again!

PS Thank you for your service to our country! I appreciate the sacrifices you and your family have made for us.

Hello again everyone...

It is Tuesday morning here is Palm coast, FL and 77 degrees. It am going to spend some time going through the posts and trying to answer all of the questions that came up along the way.

I have more photos to post too.

Several asked how much I spent on the Ship's Excellent Wireless Internet Systems.

Here is the breakdown of what we spent.

$232.95 - Wireless Internet

$182.78 - Shops On Board

$5.18 - Ben & Jerry's

$412.08 - Bar Bill

$833.09 - Total on the ship

NOTE TO RCI - Feel free to send me a check for $232.95 or grant me Internet Credit on my next cruise.

On Saturday, Day 7, the Seas were so calm it was like we were sailing through a lake.

DSCN9557.jpg

DSCN9559.jpg

Our Cabin was on the Starboard (Right) side and we didn't see a single ship all day Friday or Saturday.

On Saturday morning I did see one, just one, Flying Fish!

Usually when you see one Flying Fish you see a bunch of them, but not this time.

One of the things that I learned in the US Army was to always conduct a Detailed Reconnaissance before an operation.

The same things applies to a cruise ship.

It is well worth taking the time to Explore the Entire Ship Early On. You won't know what is there until you actually look.

Example - When we were first on the Radiance, it was the third day before we walked far enough back toward the rear of the Windjammer and found the open air dining area. WOW! This instantly became our favorite place!

I spent a lot of time Friday and Saturday exploring the ship. I did it on my own because I can move faster than Carol can. I took her back later for the highlights. :D

One of the things that I learned in the US Army was to always conduct a Detailed Reconnaissance before an operation. The same things applies to a cruise ship. >SNIP< :D

I really enjoyed reading you post this past week ! I loved the pics too. . .

I hope to meet the two of you on board a ship one day ! Great Job ! !

Be sure to stop over at the Carnival CC Boards in a few weeks. . .I will be posting "LIVE"

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

YES! We Are Balcony Snobs and Proud of It!

I shot this photo and video this morning. We love morning coffee and evening time together on our balcony.

Nothing beats the sound of the waves breaking and the lights from Deck 4 lighting up the white water.

DSCN9446.jpg

My camera sort of takes videos as an after thought and this is the first time I have ever been able to upload one from the ship. Sorry about the wind noise but I hope you enjoy it.

th_DSCN9445.jpg

Oooooooooh lovely, my favourite place on a ship is on the balcony.:)

Thanks for the live report and pictures, you are a gem!!

I agree with mazandsteve, the pics were great I got addicted. We are in the Brilliance of the seas over christmas and New Year so it got me all excited and ready for my cruise , the daily pics of the food in the windjammer made us all hungry I think.

Karen

Thank you so much for your posting of this cruise. I have thorougly enjoyed every bit. Our January 31 sailing cannot get here soon enough for me. We have a large group and only one smoker but she always seems to manage. Other than smoking spaces, your cruise seems to have been perfect.

I can imagine if you and Radio ever sailed on the same ship what a review that would be for the rest of us. You both must draw business to the cruise line. You should all have free sailing.

I will be watching for your next cruise.

The best to you and Carol. Helen

Thank you so much, again, for taking the time and energy to type and post. We all really appreciate you and Carol! Enjoy your lovely home in Florida and we hope to see you on a cruise one day as well.

Our role call folks for our sailing are talking about your posts. We are all so excited!

Archived