LIVE From the Freedom of the Seas

Here is a photo of our Pool at our new home in Palm Coast, FL. You can see hot big the steps are.

DSCN9138.jpg

And here is Carol coming out of our Lanai.

DSCN9139.jpg

I have got to figure out a way to add some waves or save sounds to our pool at home to simulate the evening wave sounds on our balcony.

From the Solarium we took the elevator up to Deck 12 for a Smoke Break. Here is the Deck 12, Starboard, the Forward Smoking Area.

No Tables

No Chairs

Lounge Chairs Stacked Up and tied together

No Ash Trays

DSCN9470.jpg

This is Definitely Not a Smoker Friendly Smoking Area!

From the bow area on Deck 12 I got a view of the Helicopter landing Pad so I talked Carol into going down there.

On the way I got a better photo of one of the model airplanes hanging between the elevators on Deck 11.

DSCN9468.jpg

To get to the Helli-Pad we had to go down to deck 4 so we took a break in the Excellent Smoking Area there. It would be nice to have some tables and chairs there. There was one chair, probably smuggled in by a smoker.

DSCN9489.jpg

To get to the Helli-Pad you have to go up some stairs.

DSCN9471.jpg

Once you get to Deck 5 you go forward and then up some more steps.

DSCN9475.jpg

But we make it and here we are upon the bow.

DSCN9482.jpg

Hi, your review is great! We love that ship, we have been on it twice and a third one booked next May. I love reading your posts and seeing your pictures everyday. Your house in Florida is so nice, good luck with it. Have a great time on the rest of your cruise!!! Jill

Do all ships have the 3-5 snack or tea time? In all my cruises I've never known about this. I'm going to check it out in 2 weeks when I sail on Grandeur.

Yes, Grandeur has one too!!! Please say hi to Anahita (the Windjammer Manager from Jill & Dave)...

Trainman - when you get off the ship, we will be getting on!

Thanks for the updates, I hope to be able to log in tomorrow for another peek before we catch our flight. Have a safe trip and it looks like you enjoyed yourselves!

Yes, Grandeur has one too!!! Please say hi to Anahita (the Windjammer Manager from Jill & Dave)...

Jill,

Hi, to you and Dave. Hope you are both well. Dan and I will give Anahita your best when we are on the Grandeur in Nov.;). I sure wish you and Dave could join us on the cruise...............

Trainman....Thanks again, for taking us along!

Please go to Sorrentos and have a few Almond cookies for me, YUMMY....LOL

I agree with you, Willy in the diamond lounge is great....:) If you happen to go to the over flow in Cloud Nine, say HI! to Allan the bartender from the Pirate's....he's another great one!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise....:)

The ocean in the background of the picture from the Helipad looks so beautiful!

It cracks me up that they have a smoking area designated right next to the jogging track. That makes a whole lot of sense! I am a non-smoker and it has NEVER bothered me to have the smoking on one side of the ship at the pool deck.

Your new house looks very nice!!

I booked Freedom for next July and I can't wait. I love reading your reviews.

We had a nice lunch snack on the Royal Promenade late this morning.

DSCN9500.jpg

It was sort of a Bangers & Mash thing. Assorted Sausages, Sour Kraut, Mashed Potatoes, and assorted rolls. It was Excellent!

DSCN9498.jpg

DSCN9497.jpg

They were also giving out small bowls of a nice Beef Stew. Sorry but I can't remember what they called it.

Trainman,

I am LOVING your posts and pictures. Keep on cruisin for at least another couple weeks for those of us who only can read about it.:D

Thanks to all of you for the kind complements!

Unfortunately, we get off Sunday morning and head home to continue unpacking and setting up our new house.

I will be reporting LIVE from the Oasis in January.

Thanks to all of you for the kind complements!

Unfortunately, we get off Sunday morning and head home to continue unpacking and setting up our new house.

I will be reporting LIVE from the Oasis in January.

When in January are you sailing?

Life Boats and Life Rafts

They are like insurance on our cars. We all hope we never have to use them but it is nice to know they are there.

These are self inflating Life Rafts and each one can hold 35 people.

DSCN9483.jpg

They are tied down and held in place by these little gizmos. It these things are immersed in water, they automatically release and the container pops to the surface and the raft automatically inflates.

DSCN9473.jpg

The life boats have lots of nifty safety features.

DSCN9490.jpg

In the photo above you see ropes dangling down along the side. These are for us to grab onto until the crew members can pull us up into the boat. The propeller does not turn left or right but the "Duct" around it turns to steer the boat and it also protects the propeller from being broken by debris in the water.

The long "things" on the bottom look like a small railing or sorts. If the boat is swamped and floating upside down, we can grab onto them until help comes.

The photo below shows the reinforced bow to protect the boat if it hits debris in the water and cracking and leaking.

DSCN9492.jpg

Sorry, but there is NO Bar Service in the Life Boats.

When you are driving home, we will be getting on FOS. I am so excited. Your post is excellent and is making me even more excited. I have to say I am sorry the smokers sections are not as plentiful. On the other hand, I am sorry to say I am glad. Not being a smoker and being extremely allergic to smoke, it helps me. I want to thank you for respecting us nonsmokers. You are a model for all and hope people were a little more respectful of you and your wife's space. I can't believe they were running her down. People are in such a hurry. Why? They are on vacation. Everyone just needs to relax.

So did you and your honey get up on the bow and yell, "I'm king of the world"? You were so close.

Have a safe trip home and thanks again for letting us share in your vacation:)

1. We need to have a discussion about all these food pictures.... it's very cruel.... love those hot dogs in WindJammer and as for the pics of your pub grub......
  2. The pic of the plane model is delightful
  3. Each cruise you blog you manage to introduce something new... the lifeboat info was really interesting
  4. What a lovely touch to post the video...again makes me envious

You and Carol are real gems and RCCL are lucky to have you as Ambassadors on the these boards.

Saturday, Day 7, At Sea in The Eastern Caribbean

A beautiful day this morning! The ship is moving slowly and there is not a single white cap in sight!

DSCN9513.jpg

There is still a gentle, slow roll to the ship. It is very pleasant and everyone I talked with likes it.

1. We need to have a discussion about all these food pictures.... it's very cruel.... love those hot dogs in WindJammer and as for the pics of your pub grub......
  2. The pic of the plane model is delightful
  3. Each cruise you blog you manage to introduce something new... the lifeboat info was really interesting
  4. What a lovely touch to post the video...again makes me envious

You and Carol are real gems and RCCL are lucky to have you as Ambassadors on the these boards.

Thanks for the nice complement!

Here are some more photos from the Windjammer for us to discuss... :D

Yesterday's Afternoon Snack

DSCN9501.jpg

This Morning's Breakfast

DSCN9516.jpg

Trainman - thank you so much for your live report from FOS it is certainly bringing back lots of happy memories from our B2B cruise we did last year for our honeymoon :D

I do have one complaint though....stop posting pictures of fantastic looking food...my poor sandwich I am eating is just not doing it for me now :rolleyes:

Archived