Thomson Dream winter 2010/11

Just read on travelmole.com, that the Dream with be sailing the carribbean between Dec 2010 and April 2011.You'll beable to start your cruise in either Havana Cuba ,Jamaica or Barbados with up to 21 nights itineraries. Cruises go on sale Nov 09.

Wow! Now that does sound like an interesting proposition! I'm starting to save up now - talk about the 'Dream ticket'! :D:D:D

I've just read the article in the 'News and Features' section on here and it sounds like something quite different - 3 rolling itineraries so if you do a 1 or 2 week trip you return from a different port from the one at which you join the ship.

OK that's not a problem until it reads 'they're not offering a fly-cruise option'. What do you think that means? :confused: At face value it looks as though you'd have to arrange your own flights (common practice I know with some cruise lines) but Thomson? I thought they traded a great deal on the fly-cruise package - that's what makes it all so convenient. Can it really mean they are just selling the cruises? :(

Here is the link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3468

Just found another reference to the news - this says there will be direct flights with Thomson Airways from three UK airports - that puts a different complexion on things! Phew!

http://www.responsesource.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=50876

Perhaps the first article meant to say no cruise-stay options. Time will tell.

Just read on travelmole.com, that the Dream with be sailing the carribbean between Dec 2010 and April 2011.You'll beable to start your cruise in either Havana Cuba ,Jamaica or Barbados with up to 21 nights itineraries. Cruises go on sale Nov 09.

Extra Piggy bank going in my house tonight. Lets get saving :-)

I've just read the article in the 'News and Features' section on here and it sounds like something quite different - 3 rolling itineraries so if you do a 1 or 2 week trip you return from a different port from the one at which you join the ship.

OK that's not a problem until it reads 'they're not offering a fly-cruise option'. What do you think that means? :confused: At face value it looks as though you'd have to arrange your own flights (common practice I know with some cruise lines) but Thomson? I thought they traded a great deal on the fly-cruise package - that's what makes it all so convenient. Can it really mean they are just selling the cruises? :(

Here is the link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3468

Just found another reference to the news - this says there will be direct flights with Thomson Airways from three UK airports - that puts a different complexion on things! Phew!

http://www.responsesource.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=50876

Perhaps the first article meant to say no cruise-stay options. Time will tell.

Thanks for the links Kruzseeka, Yes, it sounds like we will have to wait for clarification.

The article says there is a departure date on 23 December 2010 which means you would have Christmass & new year on board :):):)

Thanks for the links Kruzseeka, Yes, it sounds like we will have to wait for clarification.

The article says there is a departure date on 23 December 2010 which means you would have Christmass & new year on board :):):)

Now that would be really something!!!! :D

I read elswhere that the bookings start on 5th november? Whatever the date I will be waiting outside the TA at opening time!

Or not :mad:

My reading of the links are that Thomsons airways fly to those locations but NO MENTION of fly cruises.

Archived