Told Something Interesting

sea_u_onboard

We were in a Penthouse last cruise and they let Dh's 92 year old grandpa and my MIL check in with us through the VIP line. I guess we had gotten there around 1:30, so we didn't have to wait in the VIP lounge... they just took us through the process.

I appreciated it and let them know. For 92, g-pil is sprightly but there is no way he would have been able to stand in the regular line.

Actually, I just got off the Freedom, and had a Penthouse Suite, with an interior. There were 3 of us listed for the suite with one for the interior (this was one of those change the cabins at the purser's desk things....). When we arrived at Port Everglades, they looked at our passes (2 DSs & a DD - all adult, plus me) and told us all to go to VIP together. The agent who checked us in didn't bat an eye and refused my offer to check in downstairs. While DD was on my credit card (cruise was a gift to them), the first agent didn't know that. So it may not be policy - it may depend on the port and how busy things are...and I do realize that it meant someone had to run downstairs - but when the agent says go together to VIP and urges you along, that's what you do! In all honesty - a chair's a chair & a waiting area is a waiting area & I don't care where I wait....I just travel in a suites because I like the bigger room!

Archived