To Have or Not To Have

moonandsun

Or book thru your PVP, then transfer the booking to a TA for a cheaper price... AND maybe a couple 'bennies'..:)

That way the PVP gets credit for the booking, and you save a few bucks on the price, etc..:D Works for me... :p

This was our first time going with a PVP (6 cruises) and I already like it better, much easier to reach and if you're doing the Early Saver I think it's much easier to file the form yourself than having to rely on a TA to do it for you. My PVP is always around and if by chance he isn't he responds to my voice mail or emails really quickly. The only benefit I ever got from the TA was the Carnival Coupon Book which wasn't worth it at all in my opinion. Back when they used to issue OBC's when prices dropped my TA would never call me back and I missed out on a lot of them.

Having booked both ways this year, I preferred booking direct with Carnival. I did not have a PVP, but just used any old CSA that answered the line. I much preferred having control over my booking. I filed my own ES forms, changed our dining time, changed our room etc all without having to hold first for my TA, then for my TA to call Carnival and wait on hold again. I also like to be able to access my reservation and see the charges, etc, before my documents are available.

It was not worth the extra airline miles and coupon book (which I am still waiting on and leave in 10 days!!!) to book with a TA.

Maybe it depends on how good your TA is. I prefer leaving the work to her, and just sitting back and enjoying the results. :D

I tend to poke around the Carnival site and then email my TA when I see something interesting. She has managed to come back with some really great upgrades and she always responds to me immediately, so I have no complaints since she makes everything go off without a hitch.

I've saved anywhere from $112 on a cheaper cruise (8 night 8H cabin) to over $400 on our 12 day (Cat 11) to Hawaii next April by using my TA. Saved another $300 on our 8 day cruise for Nov 2010 (Cat 11). Same cabins I'd have if booked direct. Nothing a PVP can do for me is worth $300-$400 on one cruise. :)

Archived