Anyone leave a charm for a bracelet in safe on Legend?

clerky96

On Oct 11th, last morning of our Legend cruise, I found a charm (for a bracelet) in the safe of cabin 4107. We had quite a lot of stuff in our safe and as I made sure I had all of it, I found the charm. No steward in sight, and big line at pursers desk when deck 4 was called to self-disembark. I have it if anyone here lost it. Identify it and contact me at grandmaof_7@yahoo.com and I will be glad to send it to you. I am sure someone bought it as a memento and were sad that they didn't get home with it.

BTW, that is an _ between the f and the 7.

On Oct 11th, last morning of our Legend cruise, I found a charm (for a bracelet) in the safe of cabin 4107. We had quite a lot of stuff in our safe and as I made sure I had all of it, I found the charm. No steward in sight, and big line at pursers desk when deck 4 was called to self-disembark. I have it if anyone here lost it. Identify it and contact me at grandmaof_7@yahoo.com and I will be glad to send it to you. I am sure someone bought it as a memento and were sad that they didn't get home with it.

BTW, that is an _ between the f and the 7.

If no one claims it, contact Carnival and let them know you have it, and have the person contact you to identify. If no one claims it within say 4 weeks, then keep it as a souvenir. JMHO.

It was probably a freebie from Diamonds International.

You are probably right. It has DI on the plastic bag that it is in. Oh well, I just won't worry about it. If it was a "freebee", the owner was probably not too upset to lose it.

Why in the world would you not have turned it in IMMEDIATELY to Guest Services? The most likely scenario would be that the person who left it behind would contact Carnival FIRST about the missing item.

Everyone who was on your ship's sailing isn't always a member of Cruise Critic that would come here looking for a lost item.

Rather than hang on to it waiting for someone to contact you, please consider doing the right thing and sending it along to Carnival right away with details of how/where you found it, and perhaps they can actually contact the person who had your stateroom on the prior sailing to see if they lost anything.

Why in the world would you not have turned it in IMMEDIATELY to Guest Services? The most likely scenario would be that the person who left it behind would contact Carnival FIRST about the missing item.

Everyone who was on your ship's sailing isn't always a member of Cruise Critic that would come here looking for a lost item.

Rather than hang on to it waiting for someone to contact you, please consider doing the right thing and sending it along to Carnival right away with details of how/where you found it, and perhaps they can actually contact the person who had your stateroom on the prior sailing to see if they lost anything.

If you read the post, you'll now why.

Maybe it belongs to BOB:D.You know after that night he was on stage I ran into him and his family everywhere we went,it was quite funny.Everytime we saw him we made sure we said HI BOB! He laughed whenever this happend ,of course thats all he understood.It was a night we will never forget even after much to our disappointment we found out the whole Dick & Anita Little was all staged. Oh well we are still laughing about it anyways.

If you read the post, you'll now why.

I did read it...and still don't understand why the OP has the item. I find it hard to believe that there was not ONE Carnival employee available prior to disembarking OR once off the ship that could not have taken the item for Lost and Found.

And if time was such a factor, then why upon returning home didn't the OP immediately contact Carnival and get the item into their hands? The OP should not still have the item, trying to find out who owns it themselves.

I did read it...and still don't understand why the OP has the item. I find it hard to believe that there was not ONE Carnival employee available prior to disembarking OR once off the ship that could not have taken the item for Lost and Found.

And if time was such a factor, then why upon returning home didn't the OP immediately contact Carnival and get the item into their hands? The OP should not still have the item, trying to find out who owns it themselves.

Well I think it is very admirable of the OP to come on here and try to find the owner...maybe it is a long shot, but it is a shot....and why would you doubt the OP when she /he says they couldn't find a steward? Just because you may have never experienced a steward being nowhere in site, doesn't mean it could not be possible!!!!! And if there were some available who's to say the charm would have made it to lost and found without being lost in all the timeconsuming workload they have to endure that day.....Geez it seems like there are always those here who are looking for a reason to rant on an OP, when all they are doing is trying to do good!!!!!

Good Luck OP on your quest and who knows....maybe the owner IS a CC'er:D

What are you the mayor of? :confused:

Thanks for the posts of support for my efforts. I actually didn't know until I read this that I could send the charm to Carnival and ask that they try to find the owner.

In answer to msmayor; I did not have time to spend trying to find the room steward, and as our ride was waiting for us to self disembark, I also didn't have time to stand in the line at the pursers desk. I really didn't expect to find the owner here, but there is always the "off chance" that it could happen. Get a grip! It's likely one of those freebies anyway; not some 14k charm worths big $$. Who knows, maybe someone intentionally left it in there to be "found" by the next cruiser.

Now I will just let this post die a quiet death.

Thanks for the posts of support for my efforts. I actually didn't know until I read this that I could send the charm to Carnival and ask that they try to find the owner.

In answer to msmayor; I did not have time to spend trying to find the room steward, and as our ride was waiting for us to self disembark, I also didn't have time to stand in the line at the pursers desk. I really didn't expect to find the owner here, but there is always the "off chance" that it could happen. Get a grip! It's likely one of those freebies anyway; not some 14k charm worths big $$. Who knows, maybe someone intentionally left it in there to be "found" by the next cruiser.

Now I will just let this post die a quiet death.

You did the right thing, enjoy your "Lucky Charm."

Archived