Solstice Embarkation - how early?

PhD-iva

We are on the November 20th sailing out of Rome on the Solstice. We booked in Aquaclass, which enjoys priority embarkation. The last time we sailed out of Rome (on HAL in 2005), we arrived at the dock around 11:30AM and we got onboard right away.

Today I spoke to Celebrity's Captain's Club and they said that boarding starts at 1:30PM. I would hate to arrive dockside around noonish and have to wait a long time before we can board.

Does anyone have early boarding experiences on the Solstice that you can share with us?

Thanks!

Arriving at 11:30 a.m. worked fine for us on 9/18--cleared right through onto the ship....

We used Rome cabs from FCO airport to our CV Hotel (San Giorgio--it was lovely) & also used Rome cabs post-cruise--you can e-mail Stefano. Price was reasonable for a pvt car, service perfect & good response in English! Our driver Peter (both ways) was very helpful & pleasant!

Happy cruising ....

Any recommendations on transportation to the port from Rome without using public transport? There are tons of companies out there... It is hard to know which one to pick. Would appreciate any recommendations.

We always used romeinlimo tours and they are great! Reasonably priced, nice drivers and accommodating in every way. Email Jany at info@romeinlimo.com and give my name - Faith.

Happy Cruising

Faith

This is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Has anyone else recently been able to get on board the Solstice before noon?

we were on the Oct 9 sailing and got to the port from FCO by around 11:15 as I recall, and they started the general boarding process sometime around 11:30 or so. As others noted, cabins are not available until around 1 or 1:30, but you can get lunch in the Oceanview Cafe and use the public areas.

Archived