another stupid early saver question

skings

We are sailing on Carnival Freedom Nov 1st. Saw where people booked a dummy cruise so I tried it and found that the Senior Rate for all inside cabins is now $329, this rate is listed on Carnival website.

We paid $364 using early saver. Should:confused: I submit form for price protection. Booked early saver but never did understand the price guarantee. Thanks

We are sailing on Carnival Freedom Nov 1st. Saw where people booked a dummy cruise so I tried it and found that the Senior Rate for all inside cabins is now $329, this rate is listed on Carnival website.

We paid $364 using early saver. Should:confused: I submit form for price protection. Booked early saver but never did understand the price guarantee. Thanks

I believe that rate is only for an inside guarentee. It must be for the same catagory. What catagory did you book? (1A, 4A, 4b)

I went and looked it up and see what you are doing. when you click on the senior rate, IS for $329 comes up .. (because all the 4As are sold out), click on the tab at the top that says category ... and you can see the individual categorys and prices ... you never said what you booked, so we cant tell you what the rate is.

4C $369 (4D looks like sold out)

4E $379

4F $384

4G $389

This isn't consistent with the Senior Rate you mentioned, which would be Assigned Cabin??? ken

Ken I have this happen all the time on my cruise ... because the 4As are sold out .. so it just shows IS rate .. then you have to click on the category tab to see what is left. It is possible to get a IS rate with senior rate (but OP cant match with the IS, has to be exact match anyway) ... but yes IS is possible with senior rates.

Ken I have this happen all the time on my cruise ... because the 4As are sold out .. so it just shows IS rate .. then you have to click on the category tab to see what is left. It is possible to get a IS rate with senior rate (but OP cant match with the IS, has to be exact match anyway) ... but yes IS is possible with senior rates.

fire -- Yeah - I just revisited this and figured that out (and deleted my post)!!! thanks, Ken

We booked EarlySaver for a cruise NEXT October and I did it with my Carnival agent because if it does go cheaper she can (and will) adjust it for me so I get the lowest possible rate, any upgrade and any credit that is offered between now and then. Although... I think we got a pretty good deal regardless. The 5 of us are on the Panorama deck (10) on Triumph (Inside Cabin = nice and dark for midday naps with kiddos on a break from CC) and we're paying barely over $2000. Hard to beat a 7 night vacation to the Carribean for just over $2000! And the waterslide is only a few feet from our room... my 10 year old will LOVE that! ;)

We booked EarlySaver for a cruise NEXT October and I did it with my Carnival agent because if it does go cheaper she can (and will) adjust it for me so I get the lowest possible rate, any upgrade and any credit that is offered between now and then. Although... I think we got a pretty good deal regardless. The 5 of us are on the Panorama deck (10) on Triumph (Inside Cabin = nice and dark for midday naps with kiddos on a break from CC) and we're paying barely over $2000. Hard to beat a 7 night vacation to the Carribean for just over $2000! And the waterslide is only a few feet from our room... my 10 year old will LOVE that! ;)

You can fill out the form yourself .. not have to have your PVP do it. The PVP can tell you how if you have questions. Its set up so if you booked direct with Carnival for the pax to do themselves with ES (other rates, the PVPs do adjust as you said). Your PVP may just be filling it out for you if thats what you want.

You can fill out the form yourself .. not have to have your PVP do it. The PVP can tell you how if you have questions. Its set up so if you booked direct with Carnival for the pax to do themselves with ES (other rates, the PVPs do adjust as you said). Your PVP may just be filling it out for you if thats what you want.

And don't forget that you still need to be checking the rates to see when they go down. I wouldn't depend on your PVP to constantly check YOUR rates to see if they've dropped.

Archived