Big Black Dick's rum available?

Joby

I have been unable to locate BBDRum on any cruiseline boat or anywhere outside of the Caymans. It can be purchased at a few of the shops by the pier. It's definitely worth the cost. I always buy a few bottles when I am there. Hope that helps!

No. You do not have to go through Margaritaville.

Margaritaville is located on the second floor of the Island Plaza shopping centre and has a gift shop on the ground floor. There are several other shops on the ground floor - mostly jewelers but one liquor store is tucked in a corner.

No. You do not have to go through Margaritaville.

Margaritaville is located on the second floor of the Island Plaza shopping centre and has a gift shop on the ground floor. There are several other shops on the ground floor - mostly jewelers but one liquor store is tucked in a corner.

Awesome! Thanks for the info drew sailbum. I can't wait to get on that ship and sail away....... :D

I was given a bottle of Dutch vodka from Fockink distillery, French Armanac from Condom brand and of course we all know about Mt. Gay rum from Barbados. I am sure there are more out there but I haven't been given them.

Edited by m steve

Stilll available! Buy 2 bottles for $24.99 and get the 4pack mini box for free! They told me that they have two new items coming out at the end of July. Dark Chocolate Rum Liqueur and White Chocolate Rum Liqueur.... can't wait for that.... the Coconut and the Vanilla are the best sipping rums I have tasted. Light and Dark great for making cocktails or even Rum and Cokes!

Where did you buy the rum for $24.99? Which shop were you in? :)

That's a lot to pay to get a label and I doubt that the rum is even made in Cayman. It's probably bottled and labeled elsewhere and then brought in like Tortuga from Jamaica (Appleton) or Cruzan in St. Croix. For that price I would want a good aged rum.

That's a lot to pay to get a label and I doubt that the rum is even made in Cayman. It's probably bottled and labeled elsewhere and then brought in like Tortuga from Jamaica (Appleton) or Cruzan in St. Croix. For that price I would want a good aged rum.

If you read the post by dutyfree that hookedoncruises was replying to, that's $25 for 2 bottles...and those would likely be the litre/26oz size...

You are correct! Do you know where dutyfree might have gotten the 2 bottles for $24.99?

Not a clue...sorry. By the username, I'm guessing it's one of the dutyfree stores near the port area. Try inside Royal Watler terminal maybe?

I think the BBD rum line is a product exclusively for the Blackbeards Liquor Store chain in Cayman.

Blackbeards has locations in the Island Plaza complex (ground floor, underneath Margaritaville), the basement level of the Landmark Building (where Breezes Restaurant is located), and the second floor of the Flagship building on the waterfront.

• 2 years later...

I bought some in the Caymans in August. Now I wish I had bought more because it was honestly some of the best rum I've ever had.

Laughing at the irony of it, I bought some Vanilla Big Black Dick rum for a friend, and it was even better than the dark.

Now I'm trying to find it here in the States, but TN doesn't allow shipping of alcohol from other areas, so it's hard to get.

When you get off the tender and go through the little Rotunda, the shop selling it is directly to your left outside the rotunda entrance. :)

Edited by wubbie3me

Anyone know when the shops open? I have an excursion booked for 9-2:30, Cayman time. So I'm fairly sure if I don't get it purchased first thing before the excursion I'm going to be sol.... and I really want a few bottles of this stuff now.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know when the shops open? I have an excursion booked for 9-2:30, Cayman time. So I'm fairly sure if I don't get it purchased first thing before the excursion I'm going to be sol.... and I really want a few bottles of this stuff now.

I was in Grand Cayman in Feb of last year. There is a liquor store right at the port where you get off the tender boat. We got some from there. They will also put it on the ship for you so you don't have to carry it around all day.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I've read that you can no longer purchase Big Black Dick's rum by the bottle, only a small sampler pack. Is that correct?

I had read that Big Black Dick's also had coconut rum.

We had hoped to buy some to bring back home in January.

Does anyone know for sure?

I was in grand Cayman 2012 they had it

The store is to the right as soon you get out of port about one block on the other side of street

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Was $17 a bottle last week at the duty free in the Watler terminal. Only had vanilla and dark. Gave the dark away as a gift, but the vanilla is great. Wish I would have bought more.

Has anyone found a place that ships it?