If you like fruit punch

HatterasNC

Then go on the Behind the Fun Tour. I just did the tour and both the crew and staff dining rooms had fruit punch. On the tour we stopped in the staff dining room for a break and refreshments. I had two glasses of the punch and it made me wish they'd bring it back for the passengers.

I doubt many people would pay 95 bucks for fruit punch. But just think of it as a added perk for the tour. :)

BTW I highly recommend the tour. Just being able to get on the bridge and talk with the Captain was worth it for me. Plus you will see how the crew areas are and go down I95. For those who have read Cruise Confidential you know what that is.

I believe it's offered fleet wide now. As soon as you board the ship go to the shore excursion desk and book the Behind the Fun Tour. The most that can sign up are two groups of 16 people, so I'd recommend signing up right when you get on board. Sounds like Carnival has gotten excellent reviews for this tour. I know everyone in our group loved it. I still wonder how the crew feels about the tour because now they can't escape the passengers. At least it is a max of 32 people and done on the last day at sea. Our guide said the crew that like it the most are the ones that never get to see the guests.

The missing fruit punch can be tracked back to the booze smugglers. Carnival removed it because it was being used as a mixer.

Actions have consequences.....and, in this case, we all pay for the actions of a few.

The missing fruit punch can be tracked back to the booze smugglers. Carnival removed it because it was being used as a mixer.

Actions have consequences.....and' date=' in this case, we all pay for the actions of a few.[/quote']

Well that sucks the big one! I loved the fruit punch!

DH and I took the tour a week ago on the Splendor and thought it was great. As you say, many of the crew in the laundry, crew galley, etc, waved and smiled at us and watched as we walked through, guess those are the ones that don't get to see the public too much.

I will be on the Glory in January, and needless to say, I'll be in line as soon as I get on board to book me a cabana. Not only will I get a cabana, my friend and I want to do the behind the scenes tour as well.

I think the crew are told in advance that the tour is going to be at a certain time and they have the option of hanging around and not caring, or leaving and coming back when the guests leave. They don't parade hundreds of people, it is at best 32, so they probably do not mind. I would LOVE to see the bridge and chat it up with the captain for a few minutes!!!! I remember doing a bridge tour on the Holiday in 1991, wow, that was amazing....

They only had two tours, 16 people each. The crew in the laundry room, kitchen, etc. can't stop working just because we are there. This tour was well worth the money to us, it was 3 hours long on Pride and very informative.

According to John Heald's blog I believe the fruit punch was removed because it caused major 'staining' when spilt - guess they had trouble getting it out of linens, carpets, etc....I remember him saying they were looking for a replacement but we have yet to hear of any reports back of the 'new and improved STAIN FREE fruit punch'! :D

Hey G'ma last I checked lemonade and ice tea make great mixers also, do you think Carnival will remove them? I always thought that Carnival removed the fruit punch to try and get more parents to buy soada cards. LOL

I thought they removed the Fp because it was being spilled and it stains the carpets. Goes to show you how easy gossip starts! Lol

If you noticed my post was in jest meaning a joke, thats why I put LOL I do not know or care why they removed the FP. I just thought it was funny when G'ma blamed the smugglers for the reason carnival removed it. Maybe you can use some FP and some of my clear liquid. LOL J/K

Actions have consequences.....and' date=' in this case, we all pay for the actions of a few.[/quote']

If that were the case, OJ would have been removed long before the fruit punch. ;)

It was also $55 on the Destiny 4 nighter we just got off. Well worth it.

Great. I am coming up on a Destiny 5 night cruise. Did you have any difficulties making the booking? (for example, did you get on the ship as early as possible and head straight to the excursion desk or was it more mellow?) Was your tour group of 16 full? Could you tell me more about the amount of stairs that you walk up during this excursion?

According to John Heald (in his blog a couple of years ago), he said it was removed due to the stains it left in the carpeting that were impossible to remove...believe what you want...;)

Oops, I replied before I read all of the other responses, some others here must read his blog too!

You're absolutely correct, actions do have consequences, it's just that this consequence does not appear to be attributed to the action you would like us to believe. Amazing how some attempt to add more validity to their personal pet peeves (i.e. booze smuggling) by tacking it to a completely unrelated action.

Archived