Booking 14 day Thermal pass

pipedreams62

I just got off the phone with ships services and was quoted $380 (for two people for a 14 day cruise. I could have sworn I paid $300 for two on the Veendam last summer for 14 days?

My question is,If they have any deals the day you board and it's cheaper than what I paid,will they re-imburse me the difference?

Thanks for the help:o

I just got off the phone with ships services and was quoted $380 (for two people for a 14 day cruise. I could have sworn I paid $300 for two on the Veendam last summer for 14 days?

My question is,If they have any deals the day you board and it's cheaper than what I paid,will they re-imburse me the difference?

I got quoted $500.00 for the Westerdam for 14 days

Last January, I pre-purchased a 7-day thermal spa pass for $150. When I went to get my sticker, the spa people said HAL posted a credit for the $150 to my account and they would then bill the $150 which would use the credit.

That said, I would think if it is cheaper when you get on board, you would have a credit for the difference between what the spa bills and what you paid.

Last year I was on the 14 day Maasdam sailing (we were in Guadeloupe last year today!!:D). I went right to the spa when I got on board to purchase my thermal spa pass for the sailing.

The pricing that was posted was $150 for one person and $250 for a couple. The posting also stated that only 20 passes were available on the sailing.

Now I was thinking about the spa package that was offered on the website. That was alot more. But you received a robe,daily fruit plate to the cabin, the thermal spa pass, and discounts on treatments. I bet that what the people that you are talking to are looking at. When I tried to find out how much was the thermal spa only, they all told me to check when on board.

Now two things of note, I normally don't arrive on board until after 1:15 p.m. and each time there were passes still available. Also, if you do purchase one, head to the spa after 4 p.m. At that time most people are getting ready for dinner (early seating) or elsewhere. I had the area to myself!!!!

Last year I was on the 14 day Maasdam sailing (we were in Guadeloupe last year today!!:D). I went right to the spa when I got on board to purchase my thermal spa pass for the sailing.

The pricing that was posted was $150 for one person and $250 for a couple. The posting also stated that only 20 passes were available on the sailing.

Now I was thinking about the spa package that was offered on the website. That was alot more. But you received a robe,daily fruit plate to the cabin, the thermal spa pass, and discounts on treatments. I bet that what the people that you are talking to are looking at. When I tried to find out how much was the thermal spa only, they all told me to check when on board.

Now two things of note, I normally don't arrive on board until after 1:15 p.m. and each time there were passes still available. Also, if you do purchase one, head to the spa after 4 p.m. At that time most people are getting ready for dinner (early seating) or elsewhere. I had the area to myself!!!!

On the Maasdam 2/27/09 same prices as Ms. Diva indicated. Usually went at 0800 (when they first opened) and saw one other person in there in 14 days.

I'm certain that's wrong. Maybe call again and speak to a different person?

I booked yesterday 2 people for 14 days on the Westerdam and paid $499.I was quoted $400.00 just last month on the phone and when I mentioned it to the person at HAL she just said "That was a mistake". Having said that, in March I booked 14 days on the Maasdam (for 2 people) and the price dropped when I got on board and they gave me the difference.

We'll have to see what happens.

Cate

We just got off the Oosterdam yesterday. We purchased a spa pass for the entire 28 days and paid $399 for both of us. But in reality, would not do it again as the hot tubs on deck are hotter and free. It was something we used in the past but not now.

Why is the westerdam 499 for 14 days?????

It should not be that high,if they have specials the day you board which is cheaper than this I assume they will credit you the difference. I made sure I was only booking the t-pool and the loungers when I booked yesterday.

On the Oosterdam when I booked in advance I was pretty sure I was overcharged, and onboard the real price was lower. There was no problem getting the lower price.

I was told that the money I spent to purchase in advance was put on my shipboard account and they just took the thermal suite charge from that shipboard credit amount. As a result our final bill for tips, purchases tec ended up being lower.

That being said I never did get a straight answer about if my thermal pass was "reserved" in advance, we tend to board late (hate waiting for the room) and I had been concerned about the passes being sold out.

Can someone explain to me the attraction of the thermal spa or whatever it is called when you're in a warm climate? I can see the psychological (and some physical) benefit if you're in a colder climate -- get chilled on deck or on a shorex, and go to the thermal spa to warm up and relax.

But when travelling in a warmer climate? I considered getting a pass on our Mex cruise, but decided that the weather would be WARM to HOT, and couldn't see the need for the hot tub and heated loungers.... what am I missing here? Can someone illuminate me? Thanks!

Can someone explain to me the attraction of the thermal spa or whatever it is called when you're in a warm climate? I can see the psychological (and some physical) benefit if you're in a colder climate -- get chilled on deck or on a shorex, and go to the thermal spa to warm up and relax.

But when travelling in a warmer climate? I considered getting a pass on our Mex cruise, but decided that the weather would be WARM to HOT, and couldn't see the need for the hot tub and heated loungers.... what am I missing here? Can someone illuminate me? Thanks!

I can only speak for my experience on the Noordam but it wasn't a 'hot tub' it was a hydropool with minerals in the water. It was very relaxing and soothing to my achy body after spending alot of physical activity at the ports each day. The heated beds are heavenly as well. Not everybody will see the benefit in these perks for the $$ but I know I did. Happy Sailing!

I'd say it's bigger, more on the size of a swimming pool, w/strategically located jets and minerals in the water. There is also an area within the pool that has sprayers for a more intense experience. I'm probably not doing a very good job of describing it. I'd look at the pictures on HAL's website for a better idea.

I'd say it's bigger, more on the size of a swimming pool, w/strategically located jets and minerals in the water. There is also an area within the pool that has sprayers for a more intense experience. I'm probably not doing a very good job of describing it. I'd look at the pictures on HAL's website for a better idea.

Thanks for the description. I get the picture now:) These boards are so informative.

I think that's a bargain. I just pulled out my onboard statement from May. It was an 18 day TA on the Eurodam and the charge for the Thermal Suite for two was $650! :eek: While I enjoyed the hydrotherapy pool and heated loungers, I swore I would not book again. My next cruise is 14 days, so if I can get the Thermal Suite for under $400, I may re-think my decision. :rolleyes:

We are going to the Southern Caribbean Dec. 19 on Eurodam. I have 4 payrolls to run the week that we leave and we are flying overnight to get to Florida. I will be exhausted, and when I get exhausted, I get very cold. I am hoping that the thermal coaches will warm me up and relax me. I guess I should think about booking a massage as soon as I get onboard as well. I also come from a cold, dark place (northeastern Alberta), and I am expecting that there will be a lot of kids on the cruise and I would like to be able to get away and some peace and quiet for a short time (and also away from hubby--LOL). I love kids, but sometimes they can be overwhelming. The thermal suite and hydro pool are for adults only.

Archived