With thanks to pepperrn and others....

Sulo

I have to say a huge thanks to pepperrn for the wonderful review you posted about your TA on the QM2 a while back. What a wonderful review and even if we weren't doing a TA it was a great read. I printed if off, stapled the pages together and highlighted what I felt were important things to see &/or do on board. I read and re-read the review, I didn't want to miss a thing!

We were on the October 23rd crossing and arrived in Brooklyn last Thursday. Absolutely incredible ship, that brought us safely through a horrendous storm. Captain Bates announced that in the five years she has been sailing, this was the worst storm she had been through. Over 1000 passengers didn't show up for dinner that night, and I believe 300 plus crew were laid up. But as the Captain said, if you're going to sail through a storm that bad then the QM2 is the only ship you'd want to be on.

Also thanks to all those who answered questions about transportation from Brooklyn to Manhatten. We went with Arecibo, and even though I wondered if I'd ever see a car after I called, (they didn't even ask my name...), they said a car would be there in about four minutes, and sure enough there it was. Granted, we were some of the last to disembark, at about 10.15 a.m. so I guess the majority of passengers had long gone.

So much great information from you folks, thanks again.

We're totally spoiled now, and I can hardly think about flying over to visit my family again. I think we'll have to wait until we can afford to do an eastbound and westbound on the QM2, and bypass those flights.

Cheers everyone.

I have to say a huge thanks to pepperrn for the wonderful review you posted about your TA on the QM2 a while back. What a wonderful review and even if we weren't doing a TA it was a great read. I printed if off, stapled the pages together and highlighted what I felt were important things to see &/or do on board. I read and re-read the review, I didn't want to miss a thing!

We were on the October 23rd crossing and arrived in Brooklyn last Thursday. Absolutely incredible ship, that brought us safely through a horrendous storm. Captain Bates announced that in the five years she has been sailing, this was the worst storm she had been through. Over 1000 passengers didn't show up for dinner that night, and I believe 300 plus crew were laid up. But as the Captain said, if you're going to sail through a storm that bad then the QM2 is the only ship you'd want to be on.

Also thanks to all those who answered questions about transportation from Brooklyn to Manhatten. We went with Arecibo, and even though I wondered if I'd ever see a car after I called, (they didn't even ask my name...), they said a car would be there in about four minutes, and sure enough there it was. Granted, we were some of the last to disembark, at about 10.15 a.m. so I guess the majority of passengers had long gone.

So much great information from you folks, thanks again.

We're totally spoiled now, and I can hardly think about flying over to visit my family again. I think we'll have to wait until we can afford to do an eastbound and westbound on the QM2, and bypass those flights.

Cheers everyone.

Your post is a wonderful reminder of what is so wonderful about this site.

Cheers to you.

Jeanne

Your post is a wonderful reminder of what is so wonderful about this site.

Cheers to you.

Jeanne

Sorry, I said wonderful twice. Not very brilliant or creative. However, the sentiment is the same.

I just found out my youngest daughter is having her second child and I am feeling quite wonderful right now.

I guess you must be hooked on QM2.

Jeanne

Sorry, I said wonderful twice. Not very brilliant or creative. However, the sentiment is the same.

I just found out my youngest daughter is having her second child and I am feeling quite wonderful right now.

I guess you must be hooked on QM2.

Jeanne

How fabulous for you! Have a fabulous day!;)

Michael

How fabulous for you! Have a fabulous day!;)

Michael

Michael,

Thank you. Thank you.

Sulo,

In addititon to Pepperrn's review, have you read Penny's? Patwell and Pepperrn are fabulous writers and wonderful contributors (now where is my Theasurus when I need it?)to this board.

Jeanne

Sulo,

What can I say except a HUGE THANK YOU! I'm blushing here :o ! You've been most kind. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it.

My Transatlantic Crossing on QM2 was supposed to have been a "one off" voyage, a holiday of a lifetime. However she converted me on day one into a huge fan of QM2 and Cunard. Since then I've had cruise after cruise on QM2, QE2 and most recently, QV. Indeed I am writing a review of QV at the moment and hope to post it shortly. I've also got two voyages on QM2 (one is another crossing) booked in for 2010.

Again, thank you so very much for your great comments. With very best wishes.

Patwell and Pepperrn are fabulous writers and wonderful contributors to this board. Jeanne

Jeanne

And many thanks to you as well for your kind words. Patwell's review of her cruise is exceptionally well written, her prose carries her readers along, once I started reading, I couldn't stop, wonderful words.

Thank you once more.

Thank you for putting these links together, very kind of you. I shall be adding more pictures of QV this weekend and posting my thoughts about QV early next week.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the link to Penny's review. I've just copied and pasted it all together (as I did with pepperrn's review), and I will curl up on the chesterfield with a glass of wine later and read the whole thing.

You folks are amazing.

Thanks so much for the link to Penny's review. I've just copied and pasted it all together (as I did with pepperrn's review), and I will curl up on the chesterfield with a glass of wine later and read the whole thing.

You folks are amazing.

I'd plan on at least two glasses and a box of Kleenex... Enjoy!

Archived