Booking cruise through Expedia????

Has anyone booked their cruise through Expedia online? I have found the Oct 10th cruise aboard the Rhapsody of the Seas to be about $238 cheaper on Expedia (and Travelocity) versus directly booking with Royal Caribbean!

Has anyone had any problems with booking online, other than with RCCL? What was your experiences?

Thanks!

Bill

10/10 "Vision of the Seas" Mexican Riviera Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I've booked my past 2 cruises with Travelocity. No problems and a phone number with someone to speak to if you have any questions.

Majesty of the Seas 3/02

Monarch of the Seas 2/03

Serenade of the Seas 11/03

Till the Enchantment!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;2;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I did two years ago and never had an issue. We booked through the 1-800 number offered through Expedia, made the reservation, got e-mails for final payment, and received our docs in a timely manner. I would use them again without any hesitation.

We booked directly through RCCL, but I checked for price drops using Expedia, then called the cruise line to get the adjustment. (Expedia showed the senior rate on-line, RCCL didn't.) What I found was that the prices were identical to the cruiseline, except Expedia had a $15 service charge.

I guess my question is, what is the advantage of using Expedia if they don't offer any discounts over RCCL's regular price? By the way, I found Travelocity and Orbitz to be the same - same fares that RCCL offered directly.

Edited to say - I re-read your post. It looks like you had a different experience and it actually is cheaper. Does it possibly depend on the sailing or ship?

We just booked our last cruise through expedia and had no troubles and got a great rate through them. But, I have been looking for my sister for a fall cruise and expedia cannot come close to cruisequick.com's price. Give them a shot to quote you a price as well, I found them through these boards. many have used them.

But, yes...everything went smoothly for us through expedia.

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

Archived