Maya Chan Beach Resort?

DaniellefromOttawa

We were there last week. It is absolutely incredible. The food is delicious and the drinks are well made and include top shelf brands. The place is very relaxing and simply has a wonderful feel. There is a lot to do and the staff will lead activities if there are interested people (such as beach bike tours, kayaking (with glass bottom kayaks). The staff are really good and service oriented.

You walk in and are led to your private palapa, handed a run punch, and then they come around with homemade salsa and guacamole to die for!! And that's jsut breakfast. LOL :)

Basically it was cloudy and quite cool the day we were there. . .and it was still the best beach day I think I have ever had!

Given that the price includes your taxi there and back, as well as snacks and lunch, unlimited generous top shelf drinks, and very good equipment as well as the beautiful setting and palapas--there is no better deal anywhere.

This place is absolutely fabulous!!! We were there Jan 5 and although it was a bit cloudy and chilly for us as well, it was one of the best stops on our trip.

As posted, the drinks were free flowing (and yummy!) and the food was absolutely amazing!! Hubby just wanted to relax and read, but I loved taking the bike tour along the beach road and learning about the area as well as kayaking out to the reef to try to snorkel. Unfortunately the water was a little too rough to get out of the kayaks, but it was still loads of fun paddling out there. Quite a few in our group took advantage of the inexpensive massages as well.

Everyone working there was so friendly and accomodating and made our day one of the best of our trip! They seemed like they were having as good of a time as we were - not a bad office to have to go to!

DO NOT hesitate to book because you DO NOT want to miss out on this gem.

This place is a little slice of paradise and ladies, enjoy the eye candy!!

Wonderful news!

We will be there in August with two 16 year old girls and my 12 year old son.

Looking forward to a relaxing beach day.

Did you get a massage? If so, did they seem a little experienced? How much?

Was there anything for the kids to rent or do?

I know it is very quiet but just thought I would ask.

Thanks.

We will be in Costa Maya the beginning of March and are debating - there are 4 of us. I haven't seen the answer to these two questions, but I may have missed it. We have 2 people that burn very easily (fair haired irish), is there shade whle lying in the chairs? And, speaking of chairs, we have two with knee problems and they cannot sit on the sand on the ground. Do you get lounge chairs, or similar, with your reservations?

thanks -

counting the days!!

There are plenty of areas with shade around the property. I think most, if not all, of the individual areas groups are put in have some kind of shade. Our group of four had a large palapa that shaded a couch and two beach beds underneath it and two beach chairs and small table that we moved into the sun. The bar and eating area is covered as well. There is also plenty of seating everywhere, so you won't have to sit in the sand unless you want to.

Have a wonderful day there!!

Your kids will be entertained for sure. They have real nice Kayaks and bikes that they can take out for a ride to explore. Plus snorkeling etc. The massages were very good. They were on $20 for 1/2 hour and $35 for the hour. They brought in professional tables... You wil be very pleased. Great place!

Wonderful news!

We will be there in August with two 16 year old girls and my 12 year old son.

Looking forward to a relaxing beach day.

Did you get a massage? If so, did they seem a little experienced? How much?

Was there anything for the kids to rent or do?

I know it is very quiet but just thought I would ask.

Thanks.

Tried to book it today for our April cruise for my wife and I and they were sold out... :-(

Wow! I am so sorry! Did you ask to be waitlisted?

I thought I was silly booking now for August but so glad I did.

I am sure you will still have a wonderful time whatever you decide.

I have two days booked at Maya Chan for both my upcoming cruise groups - if you want to join in my group for either of these dates, email me at cruisengoddess at comcast dot net. Love to have you join us!

May 27, 2010 and November 29, 2010

If I can get another day in - that would be sweet - lol

I read on their web-site we should hear about our request in 24 hours. I sent it in on Tuesday and today is Friday and still no word. Is this typical?? I hoping it doesn't mean they are full, but we will be there in March, so it probably doesn't look good.

We just got back from a back-to-back cruise- we had booked Maya Chan for the 1st week and had such a lovely day that we booked the 2nd week while we were still there. Mark and Jane have computers at the bar so that anyone can check their e-mail and such. The 1st week the weather was great for snorkling and kayaking, the 2nd week the surf was a little too rough for more than swimming, but we still had an excellent day.;)

I read on their web-site we should hear about our request in 24 hours. I sent it in on Tuesday and today is Friday and still no word. Is this typical?? I hoping it doesn't mean they are full, but we will be there in March, so it probably doesn't look good.

I think it might be typical. My reservation request was answered quicker than that, but they said I would get the paypal request in a day, but it took maybe 4-5 days.

CG--I am so jealous. TWO DAYS. That is not fair!! LOL And you are right--I am sure that by next year one will need to book at least six months in advance. Mark has got this business down exactly right.

Maria, I am sure your children will love it. It is jsut so fun and there is a lot to do. Also, they treat the kids really well. They will make them lovely alcohol free frozen fruit drinks etc. Also, the kids seemed to love the food--rolling up the tortillos and all the different sauces and things--the kind of stuff that kids really enjoy.

To all of you who cannot get a booking--I am SOOO sorry. You will just have to do another cruise now.

We just got back from a back-to-back cruise- we had booked Maya Chan for the 1st week and had such a lovely day that we booked the 2nd week while we were still there. Mark and Jane have computers at the bar so that anyone can check their e-mail and such. The 1st week the weather was great for snorkling and kayaking, the 2nd week the surf was a little too rough for more than swimming, but we still had an excellent day.;)

Didn't we?? Hey how's my son? :D I have a great picture of us three... check it out at http://picasaweb.google.com/lynndesjardins06/NorwegianJewel?authkey=Gv1sRgCP3isu7-i9n-mgE&feat=directlink

I have a bunch of pictures from a couple of weeks ago when we were there. I'll post them this weekend.

Came on tonight to see if you had posted the pictures to show my dh.

I'll wait and look again tomorrow or Monday at work.

Can't wait!

Archived