Photos of Fantasy 4A with Porthole windows

29forever

Just back from cruise on Fantasy. Stayed in rm R17- a 4A w/ porthole windows. This is a great room for the price of an interior. The window area is actually larger than appears and the room itself seemed larger. Thought I would share photos of this room.

DSC_0056.jpg.43b6400e1539fb1e0d25ce526b3f33b8.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg.003ab5e0dbf306fd19c7440922d1c079.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg.f9dab7c0f0f81acd598550af80d891e7.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg.fc56d46f2d7df88039545b4f685bf46e.jpg

Just back from cruise on Fantasy. Stayed in rm R17- a 4A w/ porthole windows. This is a great room for the price of an interior. The window area is actually larger than appears and the room itself seemed larger. Thought I would share photos of this room.

Looks good To Me!!

We had an OV on the Fantasy, Very little difference, except in price. I think

these are great. Thanks for the pics:)

Thanks for sharing your pictures! I have two PT cabins booked on the Paradise for May so I am looking for any and all pictures of those cabins. I am on the Riviera deck as well. How did you find the movement of the ship being so close to the front? My sister is going with me and she is new to cruising. I hope that I don't turn her off cruising by staying in rooms that have a lot of motion! :eek:

Thanks for sharing your pictures! I have two PT cabins booked on the Paradise for May so I am looking for any and all pictures of those cabins. I am on the Riviera deck as well. How did you find the movement of the ship being so close to the front? My sister is going with me and she is new to cruising. I hope that I don't turn her off cruising by staying in rooms that have a lot of motion! :eek:

I was actually surprised at how little movement there was! The last day we had rough seas and still not much movement. The noise from the waves splashing against the ship did get pretty loud but was kind of neat to hear. I was worried about the noise when the ship had to anchor, but wasn't too bad-only heard a loud humming which you probably wouldn't notice if you were sleeping.

What is the difference between this and a 1A with porthole windows?

Fantasy class doesnt have any 1As with port hole windows, thats why folks are booking the old 5As, that were changed to 4A and up, that are now changed to PTs on this class of ship.

If you book a 1A with port holes on a Conquest class it has one twin and one convertible sofa, the beds dont push together, plus the PTs on Conquest class are the full OV size of 220 s.f.. So size can be larger on some classes and the beds push together.

We were in R28 on the Fantasy in May, it's the last set of porthole windows before the oceanview's start. We loved it! The only thing we really felt was pulling in and out of ports, there was some vibration from the bow thrusters. We even had one rough night and it was still really smooth.

The prices are great on these rooms, we scooped that one up for a last minute trip and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Fantasy class doesnt have any 1As with port hole windows, thats why folks are booking the old 5As, that were changed to 4A and up, that are now changed to PTs on this class of ship.

If you book a 1A with port holes on a Conquest class it has one twin and one convertible sofa, the beds dont push together, plus the PTs on Conquest class are the full OV size of 220 s.f.. So size can be larger on some classes and the beds push together.

I have a 4B on the Triumph that has the portholes I booked months ago. Are these bigger than a regular inside or the same?

I have a 4B on the Triumph that has the portholes I booked months ago. Are these bigger than a regular inside or the same?

Yes, it will be the OV size of 220 s.f.

Even the 1As on triumph next to you will be larger than a regular inside. I could have upgraded on Triumph to a 4C free, but still kept my 1A port hole for that reason ... hard choice since 1A sold out so I couldnt get a price drop unless I so-called did the upgrade.

So are the rooms with portholes generally larger than normal inside rooms?

I don't know all this lingo being used ..so excuse me if a sound like a 'noob' ..lol

No not on ships where the outside and inside cabins are the same size like Fantasy and Spirit class ships. OVs and insides on the older ships are both 185 s.f.

The 4As (4B, 4C, 4D) that are twin bed port hole cabins used to be 5A, which was a outside (OV) category ... in fact at least one of the online TAs where you now see on my sailing inside $359 and outside $359, they are both the PTs, the new port hole category ... they are back to advertising these cabins carnival calls insides as outsides .. so beware when you look at online TAs that look cheaper .. you probably arent seeing the same category.

Carnival has now changed the name of the category of these cabins 3 times in the past year. They are the same size as a OV because they used to be considered a OV cabin by Carnival.

Archived