Looking at 9 night Canary Island on the Jade

ddoc

I have this one booked for December of NEXT year, however the cost of the airfare has me reconsidering, I did get an incredible deal on the cruise itself though, so perhaps I will still do it.

By all accounts the Jade is a great ship.

Your review was wonderful. If we do this we will just do the 9 day. Arwenmark, my biggest souce of hesitation is the cost of airfare which is more than the cruise. Will make a decision this week.

We did this cruise on the Jade, as the first part of a B2B, last January! It was FABULOUS! Here is my review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=53361

A most helpful review. Thank you. We are seriously considering the 5 Feb Morocco & Canaries and wondered if you could remember what the weather was like in that part of your B2B.

Also settling down for the show on the other forum you responded to a few minutes ago!

A most helpful review. Thank you. We are seriously considering the 5 Feb Morocco & Canaries and wondered if you could remember what the weather was like in that part of your B2B.

Also settling down for the show on the other forum you responded to a few minutes ago!

January 16-25. Chilly in Barcelona (in photos I have a coat on.) Absolutely sunny but I am wearing a light sweater and the next day a jeans jacket in Morocco ports photos, but see I took it off as the day progressed. Seas tend to be a bit rougher as you go from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic. Needed a light jacket in Grand Canaria and had a sweater top on for our day on Funchal, but lovely sunny days. In Malaga we took the ship's excursion to the Alhambra in Granada. Rained on and off that day, so wore a jacket. Even chillier (40's & low 50's) when we got back to Barcelona.

Thanks for the review Lambs2 (We're booked for the Feb 26th sailing of this itinerary). If you were to do this itinerary again, would you do anything differently?

P.

I would have LOVED it if our private tour to Granada and the Alhambra had worked out. But there were unforseen circumstances that we only found out about the day before we were to dock in Malaga. So, in order to see the Alhambra as we had planned we had no other choice but to take the ship's excursion. IF we had had more time to make other arrangements we would have rented a car instead of the ship tour, but under the circumstances we were gald we made the decisions we did. Our advance planning for all the other ports worked out wonderfully. Our favorite and best bargain on this itinerary was our private tour from Agadir to Taroudant. Great day!

To ddoc,

We have booked this cruise, for us it is a short 2 hour flight hop from Newcastle. We would not travel a long distance to visit Morocco, but rather have booked the cruise for a "sunshine" break in the middle of our winter in the UK. Gran Canaria and Madeira are worth a visit, but not when airfare is more than the cruise. Can fully understand your hesitation.

Are you aware that it is possible to B2B the East Meditteranean 12 night itinery with the 9 night cruise, giving 21 nights....probably not possible if you are working!

Unfortunately or rather fortunately, we are working in this economy. The other reservation that I have is the weather. According to my research

the weather will be from 12 to approximately 20 dedgrees celcius and from 53 to maybe 73 fahrenheit which isn't very warm. If we went to the Carribean we would have 80's and very nice sunny weather. Still having trouble making this decision.

Assuming your home is in Pensylvania, for me at least, there would be no choice between Caribbean and Canaries! Budget permitting we would be on our way over....alas!!

Generally temp expectations in the Canaries, and Morocco would be low to mid 20's C i.e. mid-to high 70's F. For Madeira and Malaga 5C or 10F less. Everything is relative, and in Scotland at that time of year temperatures can be around freezing or very wet weather. Hence the attraction for us, at relatively low cost.

Archived