Budapest Hotel Suggestions?

cohengm

I bid on a 4* through priceline and got the Sofitel Chain Bridge for 4 nights at a very good rate. It is right on the Danube and has great views and wonderful service. Our AMA ship was docked on the Buda side of the river which was just a short taxi ride across the Chain Bridge. We loved Budapest.

at a NH hotel which was top rated on Trip Advisor..in fact, I think it had won one of their top awards. It was very modern, and right behind the Opera House/theatre in downtown. A great location and hotel. They had a bar downstairs in the lobby and I think they also had a restaurant...not sure about that one aspect. We too loved Budapest...it is a terrific city! LuAnn

We like the Marriott Millenium Executive Apartments. This is located on the Pest side but only a few blocks from the Danube near the Chain Bridge, It is also very near the Vaci Utca which is a pedestrian only street with many shops and restaurants. The price is very reasonable and the rooms have a separate bedroom from the sitting room. They also have a small kitchen and very nice bathrooms. The breakfast was included in our rate....it was a continental type of breakfast with breads, fruit and yogurt which was plenty for us. We also found the desk agents to be very helpful whenever we needed any assistance. There are also many restaurants nearby.

It is only about a block from the Marriott which is very nice but the rate is usually higher at the regular Marriott and the rooms aren't as large.

Anyone have any experience with this hotel? It is next door to the Opera House and fairly highly rated on TripAdvisor.

We have also noted the high ratings of K&K. Their rate is good and includes breakfast and free internet. We understand the hotel is only a short block to Andrassy ut for shops and restaurants, next to the Opera House, the Metro station and you can practically walk to anywhere. We will be staying there at the end of our Christmas/New Year Amsterdam to Budapest river cruise and hope the weather will be pleasant enough for us to walk around to all those places we missed on our last trip.

My sister and I stayed at K+K Opera for 1 night before boarding a Danube river cruise. We were very satified with this property. The staff was friendly and helpful; the location was quite convenient to Pest's sights/sites (we toured both Buda and Pest and preferred Pest because we found it to be more contemporary and bustling); the rooms were small yet comfortable and well appointed; the complimentary breakfast was the best we've experienced. We're considering another European river cruise for next year and may spend a couple nights in Munich...there's a K+K hotel in Munich and we'll definately consider staying there.

FeeFeeCat,

The K+K Hotel in Munich is not directly located in the city center. So there´s nothing touristy within a walking distance. But it is close to the subway and the suburban train station there. Both will get you downtown.

steamboats

Archived