Question on Stockholm port

cruisingrammie

We will be cruising through the Baltic next summer. I read that Princess docks at Nyanshamn, not Stockholm. Most of what I have read says that you have to take the train or a bus into Stockholm, but somewhere I read that there is a local ferry that can take you from Nyanshamn. Anyone who has been there recently, do you know? I am a planner :eek: and would like to have an idea of the best and easiest way to get into Stockholm. We will be travelling with 2 teenagers and possibly 3 other people. Thanks for your suggestions!!!

In normal weather, the ship docks in Stockholm. On our cruise this past August, the seas were very rough and we had to dock in Nynashaam and PRincess bussed us into Stockholm (about 50 mins) and then the tours started. If you were not on a Princess tour, you had to pay for your own transportation from Nynashaam to Stockholm. There is a train that runs.

We will be cruising through the Baltic next summer. I read that Princess docks at Nyanshamn, not Stockholm. Most of what I have read says that you have to take the train or a bus into Stockholm, but somewhere I read that there is a local ferry that can take you from Nyanshamn. Anyone who has been there recently, do you know? I am a planner :eek: and would like to have an idea of the best and easiest way to get into Stockholm. We will be travelling with 2 teenagers and possibly 3 other people. Thanks for your suggestions!!!

We were there in August. We got off the ship, followed the sidewalk around and got a ticket for the HOHO Boat Shuttle Service. Very easy. There are various tours and prices depending on what you want. We went to the Vasa Museum first, then the Royal Palace. Here is their website: http://www.royalsightseeing.com/

You will LOVE Stockholm. Have your camera ready for some beautiful sights as you sail in through the archipelago. Have fun!

I second the HO HO boat. Get off ship, walk left to end of pier, pay $15 and get on. Best to get off at Vasa first, no line at pay by credit card window and you'll be the first ones inside. Then go to see changing of guard and whatever else you want. It was one of our best ports and price was right!

Can anyone tell me if the Ho Ho bus takes credits cards or U.S. dollars or will we have to find a ATM for Swedish currency?

The HOHO bus will take US dollars, no credit cards.

The Vasa will take credit cards.

Most souvenier shops will take US dollars or credit cards. We didn't change any money except for Russia.

Archived