WRONG TAGS w/ room number

PrincessCarolyn

bought and paid for trip in Sept (a couple of months ago)

Was upgraded a month later because the cruise went down a lot.....now I'm in a different room on a different floor and my paperwork and Celeb website say correct room but tags have OLD room on them.

We leave Sunday, not sure if I can get another set sent from my travel agent.

IS THIS OK? When I board will they give me new tags? HELP!

Exact same thing with us, except we moved twice! We got blanks from a shack before the baggage handlers. This was in Baltimore on RCCL, should be the same on Celebrity at any port. They filled out the new room numbers for us, then we proceeded to the baggage handlers. Our bags were waiting for us when they opened the hallways to allow us into our cabin.

Don't use the wrong tags.

A family was traveling together, 2 teens in one cabin, parents in another.

On the last night Mom went in teens room to check on their bags, saw an extra bag, asked the boys. They said it's been here since the beginning of the cruise, right cabin #, thought it was ours. Didn't need it!

Some poor soul had no suitcase for that cruise.

Don't use the wrong tags.

A family was traveling together, 2 teens in one cabin, parents in another.

On the last night Mom went in teens room to check on their bags, saw an extra bag, asked the boys. They said it's been here since the beginning of the cruise, right cabin #, thought it was ours. Didn't need it!

Some poor soul had no suitcase for that cruise.

On our cruise in October, three of our four bags arrived at the cabin door within a couple of hours. The last suitcase, containing my tuxedo and most of my shirts, was a no-show.

When we returned from dinner, it was there waiting for us. The original baggage tag showing the cabin number was missing. I am guessing it was torn off during the boarding and mishandling process. However, we did have our standard ID tag, with name and cell phone number, on the bag. It also had a new handwritten tag with our cabin number written on it. Apparently, wayward suitcases are taken to an area where someone from the cruise line tries to get the lost bags back to their owners. Too bad the teens didn't put the extra suitcase back out in the corridor.

We always bring a half dozen return address labels with us, just in case we need them for something like this. Then all you need to do is write in your new cabin number on the blank tags you get and stick on the return label.

We also make up business cards with our name & address on them & stick them inside all our luggage in the event they get lost or misdirected. ;)

bought and paid for trip in Sept (a couple of months ago)

Was upgraded a month later because the cruise went down a lot.....now I'm in a different room on a different floor and my paperwork and Celeb website say correct room but tags have OLD room on them.

We leave Sunday, not sure if I can get another set sent from my travel agent.

IS THIS OK? When I board will they give me new tags? HELP!

No big deal....

1. get a black biro

2. cross out old room number

3. write in new room number

Same thing happened with us when we upgraded last cruise. I made computer labels with new room and deck and stuck them over the old information. Worked great....at least the baggage arrived at the correct location! I'm sure a black marker pen would have worked just as well.

Archived