Liberty of the seas - huge disappointment

So potentially contracting Legionaire's disease is preferable to taking a soak in the hot tub?

Exactly what is your thinking behind the desire to open up these facilities before they had a chance to be cleaned, maintained and inspected?

I haven't cruised RCI, yet, so I'm probably the last one who should chime in here. We are considering a cruise with them though. Vacations are always important whether healthy or not, whether celebrating a birthday or anniversary or just being together or just wanting to get away. With so much planning and anticipation, disappointments can and do happen when traveling. As a traveling community, we have to be prepared for that no matter where you go or what your personal situation is. Plan B needs to be in your suitcase somewhere. I can understand why RCI or any other cruise line, resort etc. would want to downplay the presence of any kind of contagious disease hence the "confusion", "miscommunication", "different answers" etc. Frankly, I'd rather be disappointed than be put at risk. Also, if the general public understood what it takes to keep a hot tub clean and sanitized, no one would use a public one, especially not one potentially used by hundreds of people over the course of a week.

[quote name='runwings']Does anyone know if the hot tubs on Liberty of the Seas are now open?
We are sailing on 11-21-10...no hot tubs, no cruise.:confused:[/QUOTE]

This thread is a year old. It was bumped up tonight for some reason. All recent reports I've read didn't mention anything about closed hot tubs.

[quote name='runwings']Does anyone know if the hot tubs on Liberty of the Seas are now open?
We are sailing on 11-21-10...no hot tubs, no cruise.:confused:[/QUOTE]

The original post on this thread is over a year old so it shouldn't be a problem...see the post right above yours from firefighterhoop...

So Sorry, that your cruise was ruined. The H20 Zone+Whirpools are advertised heavily for this ship. Even if it was this illness, Draining+Cleaning these water venues would have been enough. Bacteria etc cannot flourish in Chlorine. To those that think its no big deal, you see how you would like it. Hope RCI does something to make up for this. Me missing The Zipline, due to winds is tiny in comparison., Hope your Next Cruise is awesome.
lance32

We did a four day disney cruise a few years ago. I would say we were able to use the childrens waterpark one day. the rest of the time it was close.

when we boarded, the gangway was broken, so we did not get the "big entry" that I had in fact been looking for..

it was also really windy so we were not able to make it to their private island on the day we had planned.

did it ruin our trip? no. we were disapointed, yes. but still had a great time.

HUGS for your family, and daughter.

T

[quote name='louthebowler']does anyone know WHY this thread is on the go after A YEAR. i had stupidly read some before i realised it was from 2009, ive just returned from the liberty and was scratching my head wondering how i'd managed to use the hot tub if it was closed!!![/QUOTE]

Welcome back louthebowler! How was your cruise? I'm assuming you had no issues with your reservations after all the trouble you had initially? :):)

[quote name='ThinkingInPink']omg I just read all these pages of this thread, thinking that there was some disease going around the Liberty and we would be sailing on it and finally get to the page where someone mentions it's a year old. ay yi yi. must remember to look at dates next time. haha.[/QUOTE]

How can people not believe in life after death with all of the resurections that we have witnessed here at C.C.?:confused::D

Archived