Just off the Oasis

Oh yeah and in case your all wondering who I am...we were the girls holding the sign that sam champion came over and talked to! He loved us...we were told by all the GMA people to put the sign away they didnt want signs...and then we went up to the pool deck and he saw we made a sign and was so excited they asked us to move just to be there when he came on!

Hi Janet...

Glad you had a good time. We did see you on GMA and knew it was you before they asked you for your name.

I said to Patty...Hey that looks like Janet standing there with that sign with the other women. Sure enough they had you all step forward and asked you for your name.:cool::)

Hey there Janet....Thanks so much for all the information from the ship!! Lots to say and I am just even more excited if that's even possible!! I also saw you on GMA and you were awesome!!! Can you tell me if there are any cabin night lights in the rooms. We are traveling with my 12 yo and I don't want to trip over her or the bed if I need to use the BR during the night. I know its a small thing but I am so clumsy, lol!! So glad you had a good time!! Can't wait to see your pics....pls let us know when they are up. thanks

Janet, many thanks for your enthusiastic and informative comments. I can't wait to try the interactive thingy that shows you where your room is. I also can't wait to try the cupcakes and see the show at the Aqua Theater.

You said one thing that did concern me. You said the concierge and Diamond lounges were not open. Gosh, do you suppose they will be open by the Dec 1 Labadee Extarvaganza? Maybe you didn't hear anything one way or the other. I will be miffed if the lounges are not available on this cruise.

Anyway, there might not be much time to even go there with all the other things to see and do on this ship.

It was a relief that debarkation was easy. I hope it will be with six thousand people too.

Just want to thank you again for taking the time to describe your trip. It must have been a wonderful adventure.

Ok lets see if I can remember to cover everything.

The wine dispensers are right outside the main dining room yes and price range from $2, $4 and up depending on the type of wine and size glass you want.

Debarkation was about as smooth as can be, but the ship was not full so it was hard to judge

The picture of the soltice was just like the cabins on the oasis yes. Maybe it was just our rooms I did not discuss the noise issue with others so I guess we will have to wait and see what others think.

The diamond and concierge lounge were functional and ready to go..but there was really no point in having them open when drinks were free all over the ship. They had them open for viewing just not to sit in and use.

Ok I have all my pictures loaded, most of them are in the correct order, there are still a few I have to move but I will do it later...I guess im not so good with webshots, I thought I had labelled them but the label does not appear until you open the picture, sorry...guess I need to practice more lol.

There are a couple of good videos, one is the interactive board and how it works, another is the self closing closets and the last is the soundproof balcony doors on the boardwalk cabins. Of course there are plenty of other videos but those are kind of important ones

Janet-

You said the doors open out, not in. Do yo mean the cabin doors? The only concern I would have would be that if you were walking down the hall and doors were opening into the hall that you could get wacked by a heavy door.:eek: Or did I misunderstand?

That's what I thought she meant too! Sounds dangerous!!

Janet-

You said the doors open out, not in. Do yo mean the cabin doors? The only concern I would have would be that if you were walking down the hall and doors were opening into the hall that you could get wacked by a heavy door.:eek: Or did I misunderstand?

IF the stateroom doors are like the ones on Celebrity's Solstice class ships the answer is "no" you will not get wacked in the hallway since the doors open into a recess within the hallway. A very nice difference within the stateroom.

Hi Janet, loved your review and pics. We are D+ also and wondered what you thought of the new two level Concierge lounge. I couldn't tell if there were any pics of it so thought I would ask what you thought. Also the Diamond club. Large enough? With so many on the ship, many many will be Diamond and I hope there's enough room for all to enjoy comfortably.. THANKS

I know it was only one night...but oh what a night....I couldnt have asked for anything better! Now I cant wait to get back on her next october.

We didnt make it to the concierge club, since drinks were free all over the ship it was only open for viewing and since there were so many other things to see we just never made it...I do regret it though because I really wanted to see what it looked like.

We did run into francois though, he was on the Freedom with us in september and remembered us and came over to talk to us for a while..naturally he is enjoying the ship.

Im more excited because when I get on the Oasis next october it will be my 30th cruise and it will be my crystal ship!!

[quote name='cruisinisforme']

If you are on any of the pre inaugurals and want your room key....beware they are taking it from you when you get off the ship!!! I would go to guest relations and tell them I lost my key and get a new one lol..myself and everyone around me wanted their key.[/quote]

Hi Janet, You are doing a great job on this thread, thank you for starting this thread and answering questions for us:D

Do you think they will not let us keep our seapass when we get off the ship as I have every one since I started Sailing:(

Carol:)

• 8 months later...
Janet i know its been a while since you posted your fantastic review of Oasis, so glad you'd a nice time! Just wondering, you mentioned noise in the adjoining cabin? What deck were you located on? We're on Deck 14 last room on the corridor, noise would definitely be an issue for me! Thanks

[quote name='torpeedo']Hi Janet, loved your review and pics. We are D+ also and wondered what you thought of the new two level Concierge lounge. I couldn't tell if there were any pics of it so thought I would ask what you thought. Also the Diamond club. Large enough? With so many on the ship, many many will be Diamond and I hope there's enough room for all to enjoy comfortably.. THANKS[/quote]

I have some pictures of it on my picture thread below.

Archived