When will HAL post shore excursions?

beckntom

We will be on the Noordam in the Mediterranean next September. We are new to HAL and are wondering how early we can expect the shore excursions for that sailing to be posted. What month would you think? Thanks for your opinion!

If I remember correctly our shore excursions started to show up in late May or early June 2009 for our February 7, 2010 cruise. So I guess that would be 8-9 months from cruise date.

Joanie

We getting off Noordam when you get on (nothing personal!!). We have two ports up with excursions right now.

This has been discussed many times. The posting time is related to when a cruise "season" starts. As both you and us are going later in the Med season, we will see excursions "sooner", relative to our cruise.

Odd port stops- one time locations- sometimes don't come up until the last minute.

All that being said, it seems excursions are coming up a little sooner now a days. I heard Alaska 2010 came up in early October. That has got to be a record. Our Med cruise ports have been up for about 3 weeks now.

We getting off Noordam when you get on (nothing personal!!). We have two ports up with excursions right now.

This has been discussed many times. The posting time is related to when a cruise "season" starts. As both you and us are going later in the Med season, we will see excursions "sooner", relative to our cruise.

Odd port stops- one time locations- sometimes don't come up until the last minute.

All that being said, it seems excursions are coming up a little sooner now a days. I heard Alaska 2010 came up in early October. That has got to be a record. Our Med cruise ports have been up for about 3 weeks now.

That's really good news!! People can plan far in advance! Great News!

Joanie

Thanks, everyone. You've given me hope for only a short wait. I've got quite a few independent tours booked already, but for several ports, I need to see the HAL excursions before making a decision. Hopefully I'll be able to do that sooner than later! :)

Thanks, everyone. You've given me hope for only a short wait. I've got quite a few independent tours booked already, but for several ports, I need to see the HAL excursions before making a decision. Hopefully I'll be able to do that sooner than later! :)

Have you gone to the HAL, under "For Booked Guests" and "Book Shore Excursions" to see if anything is available? You will need your booking number.

Have you gone to the HAL, under "For Booked Guests" and "Book Shore Excursions" to see if anything is available? You will need your booking number.

Thanks for all your help and interest. Yes, I have, and probably have the same two ports available as you do: Dubrovnik and Tunis. I check every couple of days hoping for more. Too bad you're leaving the ship as we embark (no offense taken:))--I enjoy the planning and anticipation.

Thanks for all your help and interest. Yes, I have, and probably have the same two ports available as you do: Dubrovnik and Tunis. I check every couple of days hoping for more. Too bad you're leaving the ship as we embark (no offense taken:))--I enjoy the planning and anticipation.

Those are the two ports we have. I expect more will trickle out as the months pass. As HAL starts in the Med in May (HAL does have a big break in late June to late July as Noordam and others will be chartered to the World Cup), they need to get the excursions out for people to book fairly soon.

We enjoy the planning as well, but the other benefit is paying for the excursions upfront, and not getting that huge room bill on Sept 8th. We could leave it for you?!?! :eek:

We enjoy the planning as well, but the other benefit is paying for the excursions upfront, and not getting that huge room bill on Sept 8th. We could leave it for you?!?! :eek:

Thanks, but no thanks. Now, if you'd care to leave us a pre-paid welcome-aboard greeting in one of the bars.......:D

I didn't know about the charter, so thanks for that info.

Archived